1250 uscf needs analysis on 15 5 game

Kenny-Ji

https://www.chess.com/live/game/3726252452

In the opening, why was it recommending d5 for black and e5 for white?

In the beginning of the middlegame, why was it recommending h4 for me?

Why was 21. axb5 bad?

Why is 22. Nh4 a blunder?

I figured out what I did wrong after 25. Nb5

notmtwain
Kenny-Ji wrote:

https://www.chess.com/live/game/3726252452

In the opening, why was it recommending d5 for black and e5 for white?

In the beginning of the middlegame, why was it recommending h4 for me?

Why was 21. axb5 bad?

Why is 22. Nh4 a blunder?

I figured out what I did wrong after 25. Nb5

Publishing the link means you are expecting people to follow that link and  play through the game while keeping your questions in mind and then you ask why "it" suggests d5, implying that you have run a computer analysis and you ask for an explanation of why the computer thinks some move is good, without even giving the move numbers you are talking about.

That is asking a lot.

It would be better to learn to post the game here and include your own analysis and also include the move numbers when you are asking questions.

The move d5 would have come with tempo on your bishop and forced you to exchange your e pawn, freeing black's game.

The situation persisted for a number of moves.

12..Ng6 The knight could have been driven back with 13 h4 with threat of h5. Where will it go? Meanwhile, you still have your big center since d5 has not been played. Maybe you could have done your own attack...

21 axb5 was bad because you ignored the threat to take your bishop, wrecking your king position.  Your poor king was all alone. Now, his house was in shambles. 

22..  Nh4 was not a blunder. It was the start of a kingside attack you should not have survived.  Your opponent had an easy mate at one point.

ArtNJ

22. ... nh4 is survivable if you get the queen over there.  23. qe3 planning f4 suffices.  Stockfish says its 0.0 though, which probably means black can force a draw.  Which is certainly unfortunate, as something like 21. nd4 is doing great.    

notmtwain
ArtNJ wrote:

22. ... nh4 is survivable if you get the queen over there.  23. qe3 planning f4 suffices.  Stockfish says its 0.0 though, which probably means black can force a draw.  Which is certainly unfortunate, as something like 21. nd4 is doing great.    

When you get to 28 ..Nexf3 , it wasn't survivable.

MatthewFreitag

It reccomended d5 as often when one player is building a big center, a move like d5 forces them to break it up a bit and gives the player without the big center some freedom, as mentioned above.

I saw a couple big blunders. I saw you double up your rooks, but not on a open file.

Black missed a forced mate in like 6 on move 28.

Also, how did the game end? Did someone resign?

Kenny-Ji
MatthewFreitag wrote:

It reccomended d5 as often when one player is building a big center, a move like d5 forces them to break it up a bit and gives the player without the big center some freedom, as mentioned above.

I saw a couple big blunders. I saw you double up your rooks, but not on a open file.

Black missed a forced mate in like 6 on move 28.

Also, how did the game end? Did someone resign?

He timed out

MatthewFreitag

Ok that makes more sense, as the position was not so painfully losing that anybody reasonable would resign.

Btw, nice comeback win.