Forums

A tournament I played in.

Sort:
cofail

I played 4 games at a chess tournament last weekend, winning three and drawing one. I thought I would post 2 of the games here to see what people thought of them, and if they had any improvements. I may post the others later.

Game 1:

In this game I was unsure where my opponent went wrong, as he did not seem to make a huge mistake, but got a difficult position. 
Game 2:       
In this game I was playing the Dad of the person I had played in round one, and he played the same dull opening.
Please leave you comments and analysis.

mateologist

Good games ! The first game white's opening play would have made sense if he was going to play an early e4 by playing  6.Bd3..Bxd3 7.Qxd3 followed  by e4. But his passive 6th move 6.Be2 gave black the green light to enforce your own equalizing move (..e5) which was the correct plan after which since white had no active counterplay of his own could only defend against black's expansion on the kingside which leads to disaster !  Cool

cofail
mateologist wrote:

Good games ! The first game white's opening play would have made sense if he was going to play an early e4 by playing  6.Bd3..Bxd3 7.Qxd3 followed  by e4. But his passive 6th move 6.Be2 gave black the green light to enforce your own equalizing move (..e5) which was the correct plan after which since white had no active counterplay of his own could only defend against black's expansion on the kingside which leads to disaster !  

Really - you think I was already better after Be2?

Ben_Dubuque

I need to get to an OTB rated Tournoment some time before I am 20 (probably when I go off to colege)

mateologist

This is what i had in mind after (Be2)

Makes for an interesting game however white responds no matter who opens the c-file should give black an advantage.  Smile

cofail

Yes. perhaps that is a good idea.

srimech

Nice games, particularly against NN :)

Must ask, what were the time controls?

cofail

Time control were 90 30.

chessmaster102

why were you black 2 rounds in a row.