Forums

Aniko falls for 7 string conditional!

Sort:
mijfil

This is the well know damiano's defence trap and i just layed a lot of conditional mover, so enjoy. (If Aniko is looking at this forum, please do not be offended) The conditional moves start at turn four.

Whipster

Who replies with f6 to defend the e pawn anyway?

Nevertheless, there is a trap for Black here:

Dimitrije_Mandic

Is there a refutation for this trap, Whipster?

Kernicterus

I don't think Aniko has time to read forums.  How many games does she have going these days?  500?

Dimitrije_Mandic

Refutation? Anyone?

Pagliuca

well played fil you owned her... jokes how are you doing ..?

ilikeflags

yeah, it seems like letting yourself get into that position by playing f6 is the joke.  i'd be happy to get this win but i wouldn't be that impressed with myslef.  sorry dude-- 

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Wasn't there an article on 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f6 recently in chess life?

gabrielconroy

What did it say? Don't play this?

LADY-GREY

I don't get it.  What is the big deal about Aniko.  Has no one beat her?  If it's only that she has a lot of games going-Aniko is probably an anagram for a bunch of players.

Kernicterus
LADY-GREY wrote:

I don't get it.  What is the big deal about Aniko.  Has no one beat her?  If it's only that she has a lot of games going-Aniko is probably an anagram for a bunch of players.

Aniko is a Chess.com celebrity due to her sheer number of games.  And I don't even think she times out much.  I'd have to look.  And her picture is pleasant.  :)

Loomis

I've never understood the joy people take in playing this game from the white side. You didn't actually do anything in this game (it's been played and shown hundreds or thousands of times).

AWARDCHESS
 ANIKO 1288 Wins: 1592 (30%) 3765 (70%) 35 (1%) 3 hours ago

LADY-GREY

Well, if it was attention she wanted, she certainly succeeded. And, judging by her picture, she deserves to be a celeb.  It's not just pleasant, she's a real beauty. 

Kernicterus
Zug wrote:

Aniko times out fully 1/3 of her games.

Maybe she just really loves openings!

Chesser777
LADY-GREY wrote:

Well, if it was attention she wanted, she certainly succeeded. And, judging by her picture, she deserves to be a celeb.  It's not just pleasant, she's a real beauty. 

Yes, on the internet are no people who put pictures from other people on their profile. I agree with you.

LADY-GREY

Okay, but I don't have 500 games going.

Kernicterus
Gonnosuke wrote:

It strikes me as bad form to single out your opponent in the manner that's been done here.  Knowing the identity of your opponent doesn't really add anything to the conversation.  We all play the occasional howler.  Put yourself in Aniko's shoes.

Agreed.  Particularly putting her name in the thread title seems in bad taste and "falls for" is certainly denigrating.  

Of course, had her name not been part of this title, I wouldn't have bothered opening the thread.

mijfil
ilikeflags wrote:

yeah, it seems like letting yourself get into that position by playing f6 is the joke.  i'd be happy to get this win but i wouldn't be that impressed with myslef.  sorry dude-- 

Well actually I would be seeing as Aniko is normally a 1400 she just timed out bare and I should honestly be around a 1300 or 1400, she beat me once before so this is my revenge, (not the forum but the game)

mijfil
Loomis wrote:

I've never understood the joy people take in playing this game from the white side. You didn't actually do anything in this game (it's been played and shown hundreds or thousands of times).

If ya gonna be like that then u might as well not comment, Chess.com forums are a place for people to meet up and dicuss different ideas