Forums

bad start comeback to win!

Sort:
Underpants_Gnome89

After a disasterous start in this 10min game I was able to use my rook an knight to take out 2 bishops a knight and a rook then premote my pawn to a queen and after a few more moves and I was one move from checkmate the opponet let the 3 mins run out insted of resigning or letting me get the checkmate.

obviously I started out horrible (really started going wrong with 9.Kf1) and salvaged any offen i could with my queen till we traded. I know bringing out my queen early is a no no but thought I saw a whole in his plot that turned into my own dimise. I felt like throwing in the towel at 14 Qxc3 Qxc3 15 dxc3... But thought I would go for it with an active queen and knight and see how far I got and the tables turned when I forked his rook and bishop 26. Bf4 Nd3 27.Rc2 Nxf4  and I was able to start a comeback from there. I have worked with chess mentor a great deal and realy learned to use the knights well and prefer to use them more than any other pice really. I am not stupid and I am not going to neglect te power of rooks and queens but I like using the knight. 

so where are the big moves I missed? How would you have handled it and other than attacking with the queen too early and not having a defense in the beginning or developing what bluders do you see?   

asereje

The best moves are

1. e4   e5

2. Qh5 Nc6

You first defend the pawn and then attack the queen.