Forums

Center-counter game

Sort:
princejher

princejher

center-counter game is good when playing 15min. game.

Tricklev

The Scandinavian is a sound and solid defense.

princejher
Tricklev wrote:

i don't think it is a soilid defense. it's more of the counter-attack, win or lose type opening. Not sound, because it contradicts some of the established opening principles.

pskogli
princejher wrote:
Tricklev wrote:

i don't think it is a soilid defense. it's more of the counter-attack, win or lose type opening. Not sound, because it contradicts some of the established opening principles.

I played the scandinavian a lot before, but I got to many draws, so I'll rater play the latvian gambit Cool

princejher
pskogli wrote:

I played the scandinavian a lot before, but I got to many draws, so I'll rather play the latvian gambit.

the reason i play this opening in a short-timed game is because of the tactics that are dominant in the opening stage, that small slipped in the game by white means a win for black. moreover, white will run out of time because the potential for his attack is also great that he spend a lot of time thinking of the best move.( this is what happened in this game, white spent a lot of time analyzing the position that caused him the time trouble so he blundered a lot in the end )

pskogli

That will only work against weak opponents, the scandinavian is well known, stronger opponents would not use much time.

princejher
pskogli wrote:

That will only work against weak opponents, the scandinavian is well known, stronger opponents would not use much time.

my opponent was in his 1700+ before the match. it dropped to 1682 after he loosed. 15min+5sec is fast play considering the total moves we made is 31 moves each. 31moves divided by 17min. will be like 2 move per minute. you must think  of the position 30 sec to 1 min. outmost.

pskogli

15min +5 sec will never be fast. You can play a good game and take a shower with that time limit.

awesmond

personally, i prefer the 2... Nf6 move rather than Qxd5 because that offers even more tactical possiblities (rather than having your queen chased around)

pskogli

I prefer the 2..Nf6 my self, but I got to many draws annyway...

princejher
pskogli wrote:

15min +5 sec will never be fast. You can play a good game and take a shower with that time limit.

anybody know the time control limit when is a game considered or called blitz? i'm asking if we are confusing blitz and short-timed control game as two different entity. or am i the one who is wrong?

princejher
AnthonyCG wrote:
Blitz is 5min to 15min and up to 25min is rapid. Below 5min is bullet.

thank you for the information. it clarifies my point to pskogli that he is wrong that 15min game will never be fast. maybe he is talking  about the 1-5 min blitz which is the so-called bullet, as a aub-category of blitz, when he compared it to a 15min game where he said he can take a shower and still play a good game!

princejher

when i posted my game that was played rapid or blitz, i presented it with the best move and continuation according to the computer, for study in case i want to apply it the next time i play the same opening! the mind and thought process should be distinct and different when playing a longer time control. so for those who wanted to comment about the game basing on analysis after a longer and careful thought of the position is not fair, because moves in blitz game is more of intuition and psychology and less accurate sometimes due to pattern recognition but not spending longer analysis and consideration to other possible candidate move.

TheOldReb

15 min games are not considered "blitz" in otb chess, they are considered rapid/action chess. I believe any time control faster than 3 0 is considered bullet.   5-0 is the classic blitz time control  ( OTB ) but 3 0 is also considered blitz.

MM78
ouachita wrote:

I didn't intend to offend you, just providing some quick analysis and comments, much like grading one of students papers. Nice game.

if you were on of my professors I'd be asking you why certain moves were better Smile.  Your analysis (at least what I've seen in your comments and the vote chess typically says "is better" and never why.  It would be helpful if you could offer some explanatory prose as well sometimes.

Streptomicin

LOL, the big cats (2200+) are having a fight, this will be good.

princejher
ouachita wrote:

I didn't intend to offend you, just providing some quick analysis and comments, much like grading one of students papers. Nice game.

i appologize if i made you you feel that you offended me. actually i'm impressed at your comment and analysis. it shows me that playing rapid chess is not good for my chess training and improvement. (lol)

princejher
sryiwannadraw wrote:

good analysis

it's not my own analysis. the computer program here at chess.com that did it.

sryiwannadraw

good analysisSealed