20292 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
no,you can play ne2
4. e6 was inspired by the french defense which often uses c5 to force a tradeoff.
5. Qa5 was intended so he'd capture the knight in order to maintain tempo, opening up an early rook rank on my queen side at the expense of a doubled pawn.
8. Ba6 is to block castling, I believe this to be the key move that had unintended consequences beyond what I thought as simple blocking castle.
9. Qb6 is so that he doesn't scoop a pawn and block my black bishop
11. My pawns are tripled, except he can't take the pawn since the rook would snipe his queen.
13. White Ne2 is a mistake in my opinion, he should have realeased the pin on his queen. I captred his pawn with cxd4 simply because my pawns were tripled up anyway, I expected him to capture with his bishop, since his knight was preventing my black bishop from going to c5.
15. Why does white play Kf1 and not move his bishop back to d2?
17. c2 I almost timed out on my clock before making this move.
He resigns on 22 since R c3 = dead queen
White did play N e2, but it would have required two tempos to castle and the move the rook under the knight. White didn't have two tempos to waste.
EDIT: It would also restrict the movement of his queen until the rook was moved to e1.
he playewd ne2 too late
The End of Daily Puzzle Funposting?
by Bilbo21 2 minutes ago
Alcohol and chess!
by thegreat_patzer 3 minutes ago
TO CHESS.COM PLEASE READ
by ForeverHoldYourPiece 5 minutes ago
by HueyWilliams 5 minutes ago
Was the 1950 Dubrovnik Olympiad Set used in the 1959 Bled Int'l Tournament?
by goodknightmike 13 minutes ago
Question Regarding Version 3
by Martin_Stahl 13 minutes ago
Member Analysis Auditions
by Gulval 14 minutes ago
What are the best books to improve from 1900 to 2200 in less than a year
by alex-rodriguez 16 minutes ago
Fried Liver Attack
by Strangemover 16 minutes ago
Website completely broken
by Martin_Stahl 16 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!