Forums

First draw with an >2000 player!

Sort:
chessperson2222222

My best draw yet!

chessperson2222222

I can't believe no one has anything to say.

chessperson2222222

I guess youre all jealous

enidprecio31

Well done

krikorian12

Good job grin.png

krikorian12

I'm not too familiar with this opening but im curious were you prepared for this opening line beforehand?

krikorian12

Im guessing yes because the engine approves of both you an your opps play saying you both only made 1 inaccuracy and less than 7 centipawn loss, so it seems like you were both following some theory to a draw

chessperson2222222
krikorian12 wrote:

Im guessing yes because the engine approves of both you an your opps play saying you both only made 1 inaccuracy and less than 7 centipawn loss, so it seems like you were both following some theory to a draw

Wasn't really "theory". The endgame after the queen trade is said to be fine for black. I offered him like 5 other draws before (starting at move 40), but he declined until the last one. 

chessperson2222222
[COMMENT DELETED]
chessperson2222222

chessperson2222222

My opponent ^^^

krikorian12

im talking about before the endgame , anyways i don't play the pirc i wouldnt know was just curious

eric0022

@chessperson2222222

Congratulations on obtaining a draw against an over the board 2000 rated player!

Level complete. You are eligible for a new challenge.

Challenge: Win an over the board 2000 rated player.

WeakChessPlayedSlow

Be7?? 

At least know the theory of the opening you're playing, this is so basic.. In case you aren't already aware, the correct move is Be6. Any half-competent expert would've crushed you after such a dumb move. However, your opponent obviously wasn't, because he went into an extremely drawish line against a 1600. As far as I can see, your opponent and you both played ~1400-1500 level chess. If all 2000s played like this guy, I'd be at least an NM by now. Anyway, as someone else said, get a win against a 2000+. This isn't impressive.

SmyslovFan

Congratulations!

adumbrate

very good tactic

RookSacrifice_OLD

Good RAR! http://www.chess.com/club/classic-rar

null

adumbrate

ops sorry wrong forum

WeakChessPlayedSlow
chessperson2222222 wrote:
krikorian12 wrote:

Wasn't really "theory". The endgame after the queen trade is said to be fine for black. I offered him like 5 other draws before (starting at move 40), but he declined until the last one. 

wait, so you knew it was fine for black, but you didn't know anything past the queen trade? you do realize you actually have to know what you're doing for it to be fine for black, right? you can't just play it and figure it out as you go along...

GM_chess_player
chessperson2222222 wrote:

My best draw yet!

Good for you..