Forums

Help analysising this game

Sort:
kco

Get out of the Cafe when you can Cuffley.

AndyClifton

Well, at least he (or she) finally knocked off that "Cheers" crap.

blowerd
hicetnunc wrote:
blowerd wrote:

Rg8 was played to stop the knight fork, and now the knight on g5 for white has no job.  It was an OTB game played with long time controls. 

eddysallin I was black in the game.  I am assuming you mean those moves for my opponent to do. 

Ok, but Nxf7 is not really a threat at this point, as f7 is protected by your king. So I think a simple developing move such as 5...Bg7 is fine. If white goes 6.Nxf7, you play Kxf7 and say thank you

Obviously Nxf7 is not a threat at this point.  But it could be if white plays Bc4. 

And the opponent was weak. 

Spielkalb
blowerd wrote:
hicetnunc wrote:
blowerd wrote:

Rg8 was played to stop the knight fork, and now the knight on g5 for white has no job.  It was an OTB game played with long time controls. 

eddysallin I was black in the game.  I am assuming you mean those moves for my opponent to do. 

Ok, but Nxf7 is not really a threat at this point, as f7 is protected by your king. So I think a simple developing move such as 5...Bg7 is fine. If white goes 6.Nxf7, you play Kxf7 and say thank you

Obviously Nxf7 is not a threat at this point.  But it could be if white plays Bc4. 

Yep, but after 5...Bg7 6.Bc4 you can castle which protects f7 with your rook as well.