Forums

Help me win against this guy!

Sort:
t_taylor

t_taylor

I have played him i think 4 times only winning once.  this is probably the ideal guy for me to play, because he is better than me, but i have my chances.  Problem is , i dont see enough good moves.

Stinging_P

As to your comment on move 14, I don't think its good to start a pawn storm while your King is still in the centre uncastled, plus the board is open.

JamieKowalski

My general observation: You overestimate your attacking plans and underestimate your opponent's. Make sure your own king is safe before you start worrying about storming your opponent's king.

"Now I have a mate in one." -- Not even if it was your move.

Stinging_P

also, that 20. b3 move gets a ? from me.  It unnecessarily weakes the dark squares around his King.  You had a dark squared bishop pointing right through the h8-a1 diagonal with your Queen on that side too.  Perhaps you could have done some dark square penetration on those squares with the bishop and Queen.

t_taylor
JamieKowalski wrote:

My general observation: You overestimate your attacking plans and underestimate your opponent's. Make sure your own king is safe before you start worrying about storming your opponent's king.

"Now I have a mate in one." -- Not even if it was your move.

You are absolutely correct.  I posted somewhere about that same thing.  I tend to get tunnel vision on my plans and ignore my opponents.  I realize it was not mate in one, otherwise i would have played Qa1+  and lost the Queen, i was meaning that if i could get rid of that bishop he could be mated.

t_taylor
Stinging_P wrote:

also, that 20. b3 move gets a ? from me.  It unnecessarily weakes the dark squares around his King.  You had a dark squared bishop pointing right through the h8-a1 diagonal with your Queen on that side too.  Perhaps you could have done some dark square penetration on those squares with the bishop and Queen.

i thought the same thing.  i just couldn't think of a way to capitalize, any ideas?  Oh yeah and Irie mon.

Stinging_P

What jumps at me after looking at it for a few minutes is maybe moving the queen 20... Qb6-Qc5.  Then you have two pieces hitting c3 and the Queen also willing to jump into the hole on a3.  Play around with that idea, see if you can cause some major damages on white... like I said I only looked at it for a few minutes, but I like it. 

t_taylor

20... i should have put more thought into my plan.  its not like i am playing live here.  i have 1 or 2 days to think of my best move.  i am going to set up my board and see if i can figure the best plan of attack. 

Stinging_P

By the way in post #8 I meant c3 not f3, i changed it.

t_taylor

I knew what you meant.

tecnoecuador

17 ,... f5 ?  : that pawn d6 is weak, on the long run it will get lost - white is better.  

20. b3 ! and also a5 !

Irontiger

26...Kf8 and it looks like White is forced to play 27.Qd6+ Kf7 28.Qd4 and then Black can trade the queens (28...Qa2+ 29.Kc1 Qa1+) to get a probably drawn endgame if he wants, or keep trying something.