Forums

How many Blunders can one make before resigning?

Sort:
veteranmate

I played as Black. My opponent keeps making Blunder after Blunder...even after losing his Queen, losinf more material, he still keeps going?? At what move would you have resigned and started a new game? Mind you, it was a friendly game, clocks set to 10 minutes a piece. So it's not like we were rushed. Please give me your insight?

Scottrf

Well you'd already blundered a piece and the exchange so he probably thought you'd give the material back to him.

veteranmate
Scottrf wrote:

Well you'd already blundered a piece and the exchange so he probably thought you'd give the material back to him.

which move?

Scottrf

Piece 16... Qe7, exchange 23... Rf6.

ClavierCavalier

To answer your question, one doesn't ever have to resign, so they can technically drop 39 points of material.

22. Qxb6 seems very bizzare.  Did you ask them what they were thinking?

Why is it just 45... Qg6+ instead of Qg6#?  Is the diagram just acting up or am I missing something?

veteranmate

Hey thank you for your comments. Btw, 22, yes i asked, he claims he thought it was a free piece until after he moved.lol and yes, the borders is acting up, it is #, not a +. Idk why it didn't catch that?

ClavierCavalier wrote:

To answer your question, one doesn't ever have to resign, so they can technically drop 39 points of material.

22. Qxb6 seems very bizzare.  Did you ask them what they were thinking?

Why is it just 45... Qg6+ instead of Qg6#?  Is the diagram just acting up or am I missing something?

ClavierCavalier

Something about 23... Rxf2 is attracting my attention.  I wonder if there is actually something there or if my mind is just playing tricks on me.

Grobzilla

To answer the OP:

All of them.