Forums

I'm generally not good at ten minute games

Sort:
casamagna

But this one worked out.  Not for me, I lost.  I spent about an hour annotating the game.  Can you please comment?

kinglik

comment on what?  on the blunder?

casamagna

No pleae can you comment each move of the game.  Make it a masterpiece?

White's thirteenth move where he lost his Queen wasn't really a "blunder."  It only rated a "?!" as opposed to a "??"  Keep in mind that White won the game, and that's all that matters in the end.

ictavera

How did white eventually won? And, why did you marked 2. d3 as a good move?

casamagna

The game is complete and unabridge.  Black ended up resigning after move 13.

ictavera
casamagna wrote:

No pleae can you comment each move of the game.  Make it a masterpiece?

White's thirteenth move where he lost his Queen wasn't really a "blunder."  It only rated a "?!" as opposed to a "??"  Keep in mind that White won the game, and that's all that matters in the end.

I believe it is actually a blunder. If white won the game is because black blundered later.

ictavera
casamagna wrote:

The game is complete and unabridge.  Black ended up resigning after move 13.

Why did black resign??

casamagna

Isn't 2. d3 after 1. e4 e6 the beginning of the crushing 'King Indian Attack"?  I thought it deserved either a "!" or a "!?" but after about 10 minutes of thought I decided to give it a "!"

Scottrf

2. d4 is the normal and probably superior move. Not that d3 is bad.

Qg5 certainly deserves 2 question marks, and more if we have them.

ictavera
casamagna wrote:

Isn't 2. d3 after 1. e4 e6 the beginning of the crushing 'King Indian Attack"?  I thought it deserved either a "!" or a "!?" but after about 10 minutes of thought I decided to give it a "!"

I believe d4 is better, it is also the book move, and then 2...d5 is the french defense.

casamagna

Thank you, Argentinian for your comment.  Can you please annotate the game and evaluate the other moves?  Yes, I played Black here and I resigned.  I don't remember why.  Could have been nerves.  I might have pressed wrong button?  Or something might have come up that I had to adjourn the game?

Scottrf

What is the point in commenting?

You resigned after winning a queen, you can't be serious.

casamagna

I am serious.  Come to think of it I resinged because I wanted to hit the "pause" button on the console and hit the "resign" button instead.

Scottrf

OK, play a game where nobody blunders a queen and nobody resigns when they didn't mean to, then post your game for analysis.

kinglik

waste of time, obviously!

casamagna

How was the game going before more thirteen (Queen loss) then?

Scottrf

Your play looked fine, to me. Some of your opponents moves were strange at best, f3? All his attempts at development look messy.

ictavera

I believe black has an edge the whole time. Except maybe 12...Nd4, after 13.h3 the bishop is trapped.

kinglik

I think Ng4 is not that good either.  Your move the already "developed" piece twice, instead of castling.

You attack B at f2, but it can harm you by moving to c5, blocking you short side castling.

casamagna

Thank you for your comments.  I see everyone's point that 12. ...Ng4 was a poor choice.  I should have 12. ...0-0.