Forums

Let me analyze your games!

Sort:
erikido23
MSC157 wrote:

It was 25|5 game for 30 moves. If you find some better details, post it please! :)

Hmm...haven't gone all the way through the game...But, first thing I notice...If you were playing black and you weren't happy about fixing whites structure after cxd4....Think about it this way....the white king is in the center.  The principled move (at the end of your sideline for black) would be b-d6(kind of where I thought the bishop should probably be anyways before.  But, maybe thats because I am a hack).  after knight moves then we play e5 , r-e8 etc..Black has the initiative

MSC157
erikido23 wrote:
MSC157 wrote:

It was 25|5 game for 30 moves. If you find some better details, post it please! :)

Hmm...haven't gone all the way through the game...But, first thing I notice...If you were playing black and you weren't happy about fixing whites structure after cxd4....Think about it this way....the white king is in the center.  The principled move (at the end of your sideline for black) would be b-d6(kind of where I thought the bishop should probably be anyways before.  But, maybe thats because I am a hack).  after knight moves then we play e5 , r-e8 etc..Black has the initiative

I played white but it is helpful to analyze both sides :)

StrategicusRex
erikido23 wrote:
theweaponking wrote:

Swallow this one.

6.  dxc5....do you really have any compensation for the pawn?  You can't play q-a5.  b6 and you would have to recapture with the pawn...just not good.  Am I missing something?

White does not want to shatter his central pawn structure by taking the c5 pawn.  Black gets better central play and White will likely have to give back the pawn.

erikido23
theweaponking wrote:
erikido23 wrote:
theweaponking wrote:

Swallow this one.

6.  dxc5....do you really have any compensation for the pawn?  You can't play q-a5.  b6 and you would have to recapture with the pawn...just not good.  Am I missing something?

White does not want to shatter his central pawn structure by taking the c5 pawn.  Black gets better central play and White will likely have to give back the pawn.

How does this ruin his structure?  He wins a pawn...and the black position is not coordinated at all.  How is black getting central play?  His bishop is staring at c3.  Give me an example line(won't help if I can't physically see it though)

DrFrank124c

y do some of those game viewer things not work? some seem to work, others do not and the problem appears to be mostly on this page

erikido23
frank124c wrote:

y do some of those game viewer things not work? some seem to work, others do not and the problem appears to be mostly on this page

CHess.com is trying to avoid me taking over the world...

I really don't know why this is happening

MSC157

If you quote, then there's just a spinning square. Otherwise there' a board.

erikido23

wow, you're a genius msc...Maybe you should take over the world

StrategicusRex
erikido23 wrote:
theweaponking wrote:
erikido23 wrote:
theweaponking wrote:

Swallow this one.

How does this ruin his structure?  He wins a pawn...and the black position is not coordinated at all.  How is black getting central play?  His bishop is staring at c3.  Give me an example line(won't help if I can't physically see it though)

6. dxc5, e5!, and White's center is crumbling.  Black gets more coordination than you give him credit for here.

erikido23

after e5....e4...who is in trouble?  i would think black is probably going to be falling pretty quickly

lollolbuddha

k

StrategicusRex

7...dxe4 forces the trade of queens and wins a tempo against the knight.

erikido23
theweaponking wrote:

7...dxe4 forces the trade of queens and wins a tempo against the knight.

dxe4 and yes white is depressed that the black knight has to take on d8 allowing me to keep my extra pawn with the initiative or kxd8 n-g4 winning the extra pawn back again with the initiative...Am I missing something?

StrategicusRex

Here's some reasons as to why I believe 6. dxc5, e5 - 7. e4 is undesirable for White.

StrategicusRex

My point with that post up there is that White is losing his center whether he likes it or not.  Whether or not he gets compensation for that looks debatable to me.

erikido23

Nxe5....If you take nxe5 fxe5 and bxe5 the b-b5 is crushing.  So basically you have to take off the knight and thenplay dxe4.  Playable(probably, but I would  take the white side.)With some quick analysis it SEEMED as though black couldn't win back that pawn..even if he did.  WHite has the MOBILE queenside majority and black just hads an isolani.  Like I said playable...But, why does white have to prove anything when he is up a pawn?  Seems black should be the one to prove something.    

And thanks for pushing me :D...This is exactly what I was looking for.

StrategicusRex

Honestly, I'm partial to Black in a lot of positions.  I prefer to play the black pieces since I enjoy the extra challenge.  I tend to take my games more seriously with black too.  And let me check this...

Owlmoon

Can you analyze this one?

What do you think?

MSC157
Owlmoon2000 wrote:

Can you analyze this one?

What do you think?

You should develop some pieces in the opening, not just the pawns. Look, first piece was developed at move #10 ?!

MSC157
erikido23 wrote:

wow, you're a genius msc...Maybe you should take over the world

haha ;)