Forums

My most structured/best game ever

Sort:
ElKitch

I know its better to post games  you lost. But Ive been reading a bit on the forums, watched some youtube videos of progame with analysis and won  5 games in a row in a <1200 tournament with 15/10  time controls.

This was my best one:
I did think it was possible to mate black or push the pawn, but I didnt find a solution to do it. So I just took advantage of material. 

TeraHammer

3.e5 would been better, because the knight would have no other square than back to pityful g8.

8.e6 is a good move, really disturbing for black :-)

Well played

gattaca

A dubious move just after the two first. And this is your "most structured/best game ever"? There's room for improvement.

-waller-

Very nice game! I'll make a quick comment. 25.c5 is a bit better, because of Black's terrible king position. In fact Black has no real defence after that to White's idea of maneouvring his knight over to c3 or b2 to give mate - though it takes 3 moves, there is nothing Black can do! Try it for yourself. If Black tries a5, you can respond with Kc3 instead. I've added a few variations.

Just a fun possibility!

ElKitch
gattaca wrote:

A dubious move just after the two first. And this is your "most structured/best game ever"? There's room for improvement.

I actually take that as a good thing! Still many ways to improve my game :)

Thanks -waller-  for the good advice! Indeed that 25. c5 would open up a whole range of nasty abilities! Thanks for the variations, very clear!

JG27Pyth

Nice game you played well 39.Kb6 would have finished off the win faster because black has no good answer for Ra7#.  

lmorsino

16 Qxe4 wins the rook!