Forums

Nd7 Scandinavian Pawn Sac

Sort:
blumzovich

How do you get to 1900+ blitz and not realize the idea behind 3. Bb5+ after 3...Bd7 is not to trade bishops but to hold onto the d-pawn with 4. Bc4, which even Bobby Fischer was known to play?

VikRajasekaran

uh you do realize i planned that if he played bd7 I would have done that, but if you had a brain you would see that he played nd7 and bc4 would just result nb6 moron.

VikRajasekaran

@ctrexx haha ya ill do it sometime this week, i have va closed this weekend then school, but ya i completely screwed it up

DrSpudnik

When I play this stuff as White, the intention is not to hold a pawn on d5 but to avoid the Portuguese variation by a two-step with the Bishop. So 4.d4 would be OK, and then just retreat the B to e2 and a Knight to f3 and carry on from there. The Knight on d7 should be enough to kill another tempo getting it to a decent square and freeing the Bishop.

blumzovich
VikRajasekaran wrote:

uh you do realize i planned that if he played bd7 I would have done that, but if you had a brain you would see that he played nd7 and bc4 would just result nb6 moron.

All you've done in the meantime is edit your post so you no longer say you intended to respond to ...Bd7 by exchanging bishops.  Which is I why in the first place I mentioned the plan "is not to trade bishops", because you wrote that was your plan.

And since I referred to trading bishops, it's pretty obvious I was not suggesting 4. Bc4 vs 3...Nd7.  But if it makes you feel better to edit your post, and then call somebody names, you're probably an engine user to boot.

VikRajasekaran

@230 thompson, "How do you get to 1900+ blitz and not realize the idea behind 3. Bb5+ after 3...Bd7 is not to trade bishops but to hold onto the d-pawn with 4. Bc4, which even Bobby Fischer was known to play?" that statement is useless considering he played nd7, and my rating is higher than yours FIDE and USCF so you can stfu

VikRajasekaran

what made you think I didnt know that bd7 was met by bc4

DrSpudnik

Bd7 can be met by Be2 as well.

VikRajasekaran

ya be2 is solid

Frankovich73
heine-borel

Cool. CB's playing style is really weird: he gets the worse position always in the beginning, but somehow manages to come back...

Against Sean Senft, he was a pawn down (and had doubled pawns) in an otherwise equal rook endgame (equal rook+king activity), and he still somehow won...

VikRajasekaran

haha ya cb hes good but a weak opening player, gotta finish him off quickly and @samsch sorry i dont remember

VikRajasekaran

@taylor hey is 4. ...d5 the line?

Frankovich73

I think so...