Forums

Need help analyzing my game.

Sort:
StreetKnight

last night i played a live game and was unable to finish it because my internet disconnected on me. Not to be cocky, but I think I was at an advantage against my opponent. Can you guys analyze my game and help figure out how the game could have ended. Also I'm a novice so also critique my gameplay.

Robert-Paulson

Shame about the disconnect, I think it happens to everyone from time to time. You played a good game up until then, with only a couple of oddities from each side. 

Nice work on your rapid development after the queen trade. I'm not sure about 9..Bc5 as he obviously pushed you back and took a bit of the centre. Did you consider 10.. Ba7? Maintains pressure on the d pawn and takes the long diagonal. I don't really like his 14. Be3, and it would have been nice to exploit that pin a little more. I'm not sure of the bishop check 16...Bd3+, but his running away gave you a nice attack.
Good work on doubling your rooks, but I think considering how restricted his king was, and how many pieces you had near it, exploring a more aggresive king attack could have been good too :)

Hope that helps, keep up the good work.

(I'm a writer and a coach on chess.com - feel free to message me if you'd like a free coaching game :)

peranto

i dream of having the bishop on f2, the b7 pawn to b6 kicking back that knight, so my bishop on c2 can goto d3 and i can mate that white king..
in my opinion this is not game over for any side, and there should still be a nice fight ahead of you.

One move to be aware of as black is whites move nf3 to e5. not only is he attacking your rook but also the bishop, plus he is blocking the communication of your two rooks.