Forums

Read This Before You Post

Sort:
Pulpofeira

Forget about it, and you'll get it.

RG1951

"We can all improve at chess". I can't, no matter what I try. I don't believe that anything could bring about an improvement in my game. Don't hang your pieces, they say. It doesn't stop me doing it. Look for your opponent's threats, they say. I do, but don't see them. Look for tactics, they say. I do, but don't spot enough of them. I repeatedly reach endgames with or two pawns advantage, but lose. Why do you persist, some might ask? I don't know the answer to that.

fantombug

i only post wins

kleelof
RG1951 wrote:

"We can all improve at chess". I can't, no matter what I try. I don't believe that anything could bring about an improvement in my game. Don't hang your pieces, they say. It doesn't stop me doing it. Look for your opponent's threats, they say. I do, but don't see them. Look for tactics, they say. I do, but don't spot enough of them. I repeatedly reach endgames with or two pawns advantage, but lose. Why do you persist, some might ask? I don't know the answer to that.

Have you tried consuming either more or less beer?Laughing

Matalimon

Hi everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. No offense to any chess purists here, but maybe you could try a chess variant I invented called "Prince Chess". Check it out at the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android). The computer AI is not yet very advanced or sophisticated and there's a new way to win other than just checkmating your opponent. 

Cheers!

Pulpofeira

Welcome! But you probably will noticed soon the name "prince" isn't very popular around here lately...

Chicken_Monster

If I have a pgn file, how do I post that here as a game?

Also, how do I add my own annotations to the game that I am posting here?

LisaGreen

Hi,

Is there a place I can get more info about the annotation please? Specifically what all of the brackets and numbers mean.

TIA

LisaGreen

PLAVIN81

Good points to rememberSmile

kleelof
LisaGreen wrote:

Hi,

Is there a place I can get more info about the annotation please? Specifically what all of the brackets and numbers mean.

TIA

LisaGreen

Google is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_annotation_symbols

SpaceForThePapa

I just had the server shut down a game I was playing declaring my opponent won by checkmate.  Only I wasn't checkmated unless I am going blind.

How do I post a game to get the opinions of others on whether or not the server here made a mistake?  I'm not trying to be a bad sportsman, I am just saying that after 10 minutes of looking at the board, I don't see a checkmate.  

I was about to take my opponents queen with my pawn, which would have created a probable draw, but the server shut it down with "Black won by checkmate."

I am not a very highly rated player compared to my opponent, and the best I could have hoped for would have been a draw, but I didn't lose this game by checkmate, and I would like a chance to prove it but I don't know how.

BTW, it is interesting that my opponent immediately deleted my descripton of the move I was planning to make and my current position immediately after I posted them in a note to him.  

I tried to be as friendly as I could i.e "What is your opinion" and said nothing to him that anybody could construe as an insult.  I even blamed the problem on the server rather than my opponent because he did nothing unethical and played a great game.

SpaceForThePapa

Never mind, I figured it out.  I am a beginner and am not familiar with the notation of this board.  My opponent did in fact checkmate me.  I am sorry for wasting anybody's time.

SouthItaly

Hi all!

How can I post my game?

SouthItaly

Do anyone stronger than me to comment this game?

username20142014
[COMMENT DELETED]
username20142014

i did not look vat that

guerinimatteo

grazie della meil  non ci s'o far molto bene col computer e meil comunque scarica le mie aperture e difese co0n partita completa solo vittorie grazie

guerinimatteo

bianci 1 a2-a3  vai con risposta

Jacob_Klein22

I played this game against an FM titled player and to be honest i think i held my own quite well. I am just curious if there are some things i missed in my analyisis or any tips in general. Thanks much.

MSC157

Well played nevertheless mate, keep going!

This forum topic has been locked