Forums

Read This Before You Post

Sort:
zschess
Kingskiller wrote:
HymnofAshes wrote:

I see three queens and seven pawns....

Where did the extra queen come from? France?

And how there can be 3 checks in one time? TonyGas, this position is unreal.

If the pawn was not on g2,It would be possible as a discover check from the knight is possible.

zschess
Nicolas_Carbonell wrote:
anaxagoras wrote:

Welcome to the Game Analysis forum

The purpose of this forum is improvement at chess! We can all improve at chess when we share meaningful questions and examples from our past losses, draws, and a few of our wins. In order to get the most out of posting your game at the analysis forum, follow these guidelines:

1. Annotate your game yourself before you post! By annotate we mean the addition of your thoughts, commentary, and possible variations. In order to receive accurate feedback, we must know what you were thinking as you played the game, and what you think of it now. It often happens that a right move was made for the wrong reason: knowing your thought process is the only way to bring this to light!

2. Post a lot games that you lost, a few that were draws, and on occasion those that you won. While it is more fun to gloat over our wins than suffer under our losses, we learn the most when we review our losses. If you really want to post a game where you crushed your opponent, consider the game showcase forum.

3. Don't look at a chess engine for analysis until after you have analyzed the game with others at chess.com; the same goes for those reviewing. If you are adding analysis found with the aid of a chess engine, make it known.

4. In addition to your thoughts, commentary, and possible variations, here are some of the most common symbols for annotating a chess game:

!! An extremely strong move, often game winning.

! A great move

!? A speculative move, possibly strong but more analysis is needed.

?! A dubious move, prossibly weak but more analysis is needed.

? A bad move

?? A blunder, equivalent to hanging a piece.

+- White is winning.

+/- White has a significant edge.

+/= White has a small edge.

= Equality.

=/+ Black has a small edge.

-/+ Black has a significant edge.

-+ Black is winning.

5. Never post a game or a position from a game that is ongoing. Asking for help with ongoing games is unsportsmanlike and unethical. Need we say more?

Hi,

I know that to analyse matches in progress is forbidden in Chess.com. I understand why: you believe strongly that doing it is unethical, or unsportsmanlike.  But I think we can do that outside Chess.com. Analysis and advice given in hot like when we play team matches is good for improving our chess. Why not at an individual level?

It is not sure we will improve more our chess by receiving advice in hot, during a match. But it is not sure the ulterior analysis would be useful at all. Sometimes I disagree with the moves suggested by chess.com.

The advice can be of many kinds: not necessarily detailed moves, but strategic or tactic lines (better exchange pieces, better stay with the horse or the bishop, better attack in the left or in the middle, etc...).

I think that without advice, we tend to become more conservative chess players.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

I do not pretend to change the rules. But in a forum we can express our ideas with freedom, even you disagree. And life continues outside Chess.com...

anaxagorous wrote:

Don't look at a chess engine for analysis until after you have analyzed the game with others at chess.com; the same goes for those reviewing. If you are adding analysis found with the aid of a chess engine, make it known.Money mouth
I agree,it is not good to cheat!

oscar22

where should i post a game that i just find interesting (i.e not one of mine)?

Nongsha
Its fake..
Nongsha
Simple You post here.
kohai
tubebender wrote:

Can one submit a game for analysis that was played in an OTB event on the Chess.com site or is this feature restricted to games played online at this site?

No sorry, only games played on Chess.com can be submitted for analysis.

kohai
oscar22 wrote:

where should i post a game that i just find interesting (i.e not one of mine)?

You're welcome to either post in the Game Showcase secton of the forum

http://www.chess.com/forum/category/game-showcase

or on your own blog.

Nongsha
@kohai thank you very much sister.
afcwheels
TonyGas wrote:

please help me solve this tricky little poser. really, i want mate in three but will settle for four moves. i am playing white. thank you

there are three blk queens on that board..

afcwheels

I thought the purpose of having a game computer analysed was to improve? however whats the point of having it analysed by the computer if it critises moves you make then suggests a line that loses you the game as being better? as it has just done in a game i submitted for analysys.

buraks

very esay yes yes very easy yes yes Cool

bu

Stephen-1

TY VERY HELPFUL post,......Mainly the notation key i didn't know any of those :)

Chessking47
TonyGas wrote:

please help me solve this tricky little poser. really, i want mate in three but will settle for four moves. i am playing white. thank you

Kg1 Qh1#

malkyvann

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

kshc027

Is member anaxagoras a chess.com mod/staff?

armhow

Wise advice, thanks.

sorouush

hi

Scottrf

Stop spamming all the threads with nonsense like 'hi' and 'nice'.

sorouush

thats nice.thanks

finalunpurez

Hi!

This forum topic has been locked