Road to 1500

Giasira

I haven`t checked with the computer if it actually works, but I think I spotted a cool tactical idea. Instead of 14 b3 I think 14. e5 just wins. The point is to  simply clear e4 for your knight. so it doesnt matter how black captures the pawn. If you can get Ne4 in, black is in tons of trouble as the knight on f6 is the only piece guarding against checkmate after you play Ng5. He let your queen so dangerously close to his king so if your nr 1 priority should be to create a checkmating threat. If some pawns have to die along the way, so be it grin.png 

EDIT: I checked the line in the game and it doesn`t work due to black moving Ng4 and hitting your queen and the pawn at the same time, too bad sad.png 

PapaComing
Third loss
Black
I will continue sharing every game again from now on.

ArtNJ

Most recent post, 3. ... d5 is the obvious best move.  It still worked two moves later, but he could have prevented it.  Play it immediately to make the bishop look stupid.  In fact, it is considered a general principle that if black can play d5 in the sicicillian, he is fine.  And this is a sicicillian now, not a french.  Of course, here, the free tempo gained by attacking the bishop makes it more obviously the right move.  

TooManyBlunders

I play the French a bit myself and from what I have seen from your games you have a good understanding of the opening. I find against lower rated players they normally go for the Advance or Exchange variations (or something completely random!)

I think you can easily reach 1500. Staying there will be a little more challenging, as from my experience, there is a noticeable difference between 1300 rated players and 1500 rated players. However, it is definitely achievable.

TooManyBlunders
PapaComing wrote:
Not my best game (5 blunders 3 mistakes). Some of them were easy to avoid but I didn't see them cuz i lacked some sort of concentration during the game. And some of the blunders were something I rly learned from. The reason I post this game is because I made use of the tactic ArtNJ told me, and actually made pretty good start until my first mistake on move 19. I will post 2 more losses. 

I would have played the simple 45. ...Rxc4 here. Even though you are 1 pawn down, you should be able to draw this endgame. I would study and practice endgames, as one mistake in the endgame is nearly always going to lead to a loss from an equal position.

PapaComing
First Game
White

JosephReidNZ

Good luck 

PapaComing
Second Game
White

My annotation on move 7 is too long. 

PapaComing
Third Game
Black

ericshan

You kept on moving pieces, should have developed them first. Then put your rooks on open file, the game will play for itself. You were better

PapaComing
Black
He resigned.
I have 50 points left to reach 1500. It is going faster than expected. 

PapaComing
White
Most frustrating game I've ever played. I wont be able to sleep for days...

KnuppelBerry

Oh, man....

kick_that_mule

That's a great Idea with some awesome games!

TooManyBlunders

@PapaComing It's interesting watching your progress towards 1500. Here are my thoughts on your previous game. What time control was this game? I thought your opponent played very badly for a 1600 if this was a rapid game.

Terminator-T800

I'm going to smash 1500 by 25th of December .   Good luck to you too