Forums

someone want to play a blindfold forum game

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

Ok backing up the e4 pawn making it nececary to begin playing for some sort of center, I would have played Rad1 but the problem is the knight is there (b1) so not possible, and playing Rd1 here may be counter intuitive, but entirely within reason. however I don't know if I have enough of a grip to start backing up e4 at the moment to carry out my d4 idea.

9. Rd1.

Not entirely sure of the soundness of the idea, but the plan is fairly straight forward, charge the center and grab it for myself.

chessmaster102

9.Re1 seems best. white better start attacking soon 

chessmaster102

9.Rd1?! doesnt support the e-pawn 9.Re1 does.

Ben_Dubuque

actually through a d4 push it does.

MaartenSmit

9. Re1 interferes with the d4 plan, because you're pinning the c3-pawn. Seriously though, d4 should have been played on move 6 already.

Ben_Dubuque

yeah, I felt castling to unpin the pawn was more serious.

Ben_Dubuque

as per my plan.

10. d4

I will not post a diagram simply because I need to practice calculation skills.

PLAVIN81

HOW WOULD I KNOW IF YOU ARE BLINDFOLDED========IF YOU ARE FAR AWAYCool

Ben_Dubuque

why I didn't see this before lol

11. Ng5

I feel like a crazy man after missing that for what  two moves

Ben_Dubuque

yeah and plus it would have been funny if CS007 didn't post it and I missed the tactic more, I looked at it kind of because I wanted to see your move. and kind of because I needed to see the true proximity of my pieces.

Ben_Dubuque

12.Bb3 apears to be the strongest move here, mainly because I don't loose material in doing so.

Ben_Dubuque

13. Nf3

simple move, seems to relieve some of the preasure I have over my center.

Ben_Dubuque

14. Qc2

Ben_Dubuque

as expected.

15. Nxc3

Ben_Dubuque

16. Qxc3

Suprised I am still lucid enough to type my moves, and remember my plan

Ben_Dubuque

17.Bb2

chessmaster102

christian soldier is becoming a tactical monster =)

mateologist

Perhaps at let say 20 moves you guys ought to display  the position we could analyze the position for both sides at that point, and then you guys  should finish the blindfold game from that point. Seems that would make everything more interesting. Anyway my money is on Jetfighter   Cool

chessmaster102
mateologist wrote:

Perhaps at let say 20 moves you guys ought to display  the position we could analyze the position for both sides at that point, and then you guys  should finish the blindfold game from that point. Seems that would make everything more interesting. Anyway my money is on Jetfighter   

and my money rest on christiansoldier Cool

Ben_Dubuque

not much choice here, Qxf3