Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
TonyH

comments in the game,.. :)

Alibaba011

Thanks a bunch for these comments mate i really appreciate your effort :>There are 2 things i want to explain though.The reason of ..10Bxc3 was to eliminate the only defender of the e4 square.(I used it for my white bishop in future)And i believe 15Qg4 was a good move all he had to do was to retake my queen with his knight.As i said i would still be up both in material&position but there would be much play left.Thats what i think atleast, would like to hear your opinions bout it :>

Alibaba011
[COMMENT DELETED]
TonyH

The Queen trade just puts a damper on whites chances to create complications. there was no need. granted the ?? is probably an overstatement but it was to make a point white is stuck with a passive position even after Nxg4 and no way to generate counter play.

Your idea to gain control of the e4 square is good but I think that its not necessary to jump on that so quickly. you had other ideas to pursue that could have kept the bishop pair. 

check out positions in the french and queens gambit where players jump on the pawn doubling and how a strong player plays the position. the weakenesses on the kingside arent going away and can be used later ..

Ben_Dubuque

Any one have thoughts on this game

Kullat_Nunu

Here's one of my (rated) OTB games I've played under long time controls (2h/40+1h) in 2005.

A Dutch Stonewall example where White castled to the queenside, and how I dealt with this situation as Black. This doesn't happen too often in the Dutch Defence, but sometimes White players just don't want to castle to the kingside, where Black [i]usually[/i] attacks (not here).

I've added many comments to many moves, why I played them or why I thought they were suboptimal. It's only my amateurish (~1850) comments, so on some occasions my comments may be wrong. Hopefully some of you can still learn something (e.g. if you're a Dutch player, too, or - if you're a queenside castler against the Dutch - what White should [i]not[/i] do). I must admit that I'm not 100% certain myself where White had played such a severe blunder that their position became so bad in the end, except maybe 19.b3?.

Have fun :)

Ben_Dubuque

can someone analyse post 989 for me

joseph_ward

As you mentioned, 4.Nxe5 was a mistake.  Also, keeping the d7-pawn pinned was not worth sacrificing a knight, as Black could have played c6 anytime after move 15, which would have broken the pin.  If Black had not played Ng8 on that move (which allowed 16.f4), then you would have had difficulty getting an attack.

Ben_Dubuque

agreed

part12

Your opponent spent too long with his pawns and did not develop quickly, this shows he was probably less than 1750

Ben_Dubuque

we both are deffinately less than that, if it were any other day I would have, most of my games my pieces are out by move ten

part12

really my longest was a tournament were it reached move81

Alibaba011
Vertwitch
hello, i nthis games i went from 920 to 956, enjoy!!!! 
i finally reached 950 :D

Rayminosorous

Blitz puzzle

TonyH

Eaglejorge, Please post games that are longer than 15 min for analysis? 1 min games have far too many errors to be relevent for anything other than perhaps opening analysis. In that note you made several mistakes in the first few moves. I notice you like playing ...f5 and have played a few people who hvae played the kings gambit. Keep an eye out for tricks with Qh5+ or Qh4+. the counter to this is sometimes g3 and if the pawn on e5(or e4) can not be taken an intermediate Nf3(Nf6) attacks the queen even if the knight captures on g3(g6) the queen may have to move away things can get tricky

Vertwitch

Thanks TonyH, now watching the games I realized that most were played with the black  pieces. I mostly and only play 1 minute chess. I actually never play a game that lasts more than 15 minutes. But ...oh well, thanks for the suggestions and for your time to post.  

learnateverygame
TonyH wrote:

Eaglejorge, Please post games that are longer than 15 min for analysis? 1 min games have far too many errors to be relevent for anything other than perhaps opening analysis. In that note you made several mistakes in the first few moves. I notice you like playing ...f5 and have played a few people who hvae played the kings gambit. Keep an eye out for tricks with Qh5+ or Qh4+. the counter to this is sometimes g3 and if the pawn on e5(or e4) can not be taken an intermediate Nf3(Nf6) attacks the queen even if the knight captures on g3(g6) the queen may have to move away things can get tricky

you said it TonyH

its been a while since I post here, so I'm gonna post a game I played against titled players ;)

I was white against a GM Surprised and it was opened with sicilian defense, I got an edge out of opening, but pushed the wrong pawn, and things go down hill from there :D

find the winning move that GM played to finish me off

insights are appreciated !

TonyH

Hey OK this is a complex one. I learned a bit on how to defend as black. g4 was guns blazing attack and black had to play very accuately but the ideas of g6 and then knowing the standard defense of Nh5 to hold things then to understand that the central attack would break through in time is an experience thing. you played your idea and agianst a normal player it probably would have worked. They are GMs for a reason after all. I threw in a few other games to give you some other ideas than g4. its a complex position so take your pick. You might like how  Nisipeanu played a faster f4 than you did. 

Murck

Hello everyone. This is my first post as well as my first annotated game. This is a recent loss of mine which I would appreciate any thoughtful feedback which will help a novice like me improve.