Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
StrategicusRex

Looks like you added an extra rook to Black's piece count in the puzzle (the Rh8).  Nevertheless, good checkmate.

TonyH

I would like to request that games being posted for analysis are at least g/15 or longer anything faster just has too many mistakes to be interetsing

learnateverygame
TonyH wrote:

I would like to request that games being posted for analysis are at least g/15 or longer anything faster just has too many mistakes to be interetsing

kind of hard to get 15 min games here... cheaters are raging all around ;)

how can I know a 1500 player in losing position suddenly plays like a 2300 ?

thats why I play faster time controls, players cant easily use engines very well, except for CENTAURS (Strong human + engine), these guys are best to be avoided and to be reported.

@weapon : thanks for spotting that !

TonyH

who cares? The ONLY player cheated is the player not using their brain. The goal is just to play against strong opposition. Also if you post it and its clear the game is computer driven its easy to report it the players get banned and we move on. seclect games with people who have played multiple long games or been here for a year they are unlikely to risk being banned

'1-5 min games are a waste of time since the mistakes are too many. I always look up the game on the players list and see the time control. if its blitz, I ignore it as a waste of time to analyze

Gorpo
learnateverygame wrote:

another game played freshly today, must say I am proud of the achievement ;)

puzzle of the game : 

Loved your thought process in this game, pal. Please keep'em comin'!

learnateverygame

a game I played (3 min) (sorry TonyH, I probably post 20+ mins if I get to play in a chess club, playing otb long games suits me more),

My opponent was a strong player, and clearly he knows theories and openings a lot more than me, by beating me 7.5 -2.5, this is one of the wins I got from him, ironicly, his teachings (g3 pawn idea, Kg2, and swinging rook to H file) are the ones that beat him !

C&F are appreciated !

chessmaster102

OMG I dont know the guy who originally posted this but I LOVE them for it this is useful for ANYONE not a IM you heard right I said below IM.

chessmaster102

Not much love for 1.d4 in this fourm but I do noticed that the higher rated posters play 1.d4 more atleastSmile

violinandchess
TonyH

ok 10 min is at the lowest limit of my acceptable games to look at for my input IF its well played you both made some serious strategical mistakes but white totally misplayed the position

finalunpurez

28 ... Rc7 looks good

learnateverygame

ok, to make others happy, I played and posted a 10 MIN GAME, played today. It was a maneuvering game, but in the end, I prevailed ;)

thanks to silman's article, I succeed in winning this (maybe) drawn game.

Comments are ok, and Feedbacks are more appreciated !

EXTRA : for fun only ;)

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=302344391

how to mate with 4 Knights++ w/out king

Thomas_Vandeputte

A cool combination :p

learnateverygame
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:

I didn't see that trick lol Tongue out

actually 19.Rfe1 was better than Rfd1.

and 21.Qd2 was definitely a blunder, as now you finally can finish your game in style w/ Rxg3!

after 19.Rfe1 it could continue with Qh2 Kf1 then Nxe3! first, then after Rxe3 Rxe3 fxe3 Qxg3 (picks up a free pawn in the process), now I cant see anything good for white, as he had extra materials, and winning game 

Thomas_Vandeputte
learnateverygame wrote:
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:

I didn't see that trick lol 

actually 19.Rfe1 was better than Rfd1.

and 21.Qd2 was definitely a blunder, as now you finally can finish your game in style w/ Rxg3!

after 19.Rfe1 it could continue with Qh2 Kf1 then Nxe3! first, then after Rxe3 Rxe3 fxe3 Qxg3 (picks up a free pawn in the process), now I cant see anything good for white, as he had extra materials, and winning game 

Yes indeed! And also, the awkward placement of rook and queen blocks off the escape route to the queenside.

+ I think I found a better response to the rook sacrifice. 

21. fxe3 Nxe3+ 22. Kf2

Now white can trap white's queen with Rh1.

What do you think?

TonyH

your idea seems to work. I cannt find a refutation or inbetween move. What calculate is this 21. fe3 Ne3+ 22. Kf2 Nxc2 23. Rh1 Qh1 24. Rh1 Nd4 25. Ke4 Ne6 26. b4 and black has 2 extra pawns but his pieces are really passive while whites king, rook and bishop are active. I feel like black can get things sorted out but white is still fighting. (did this without a board or comp so if i miss something obvious I apologize)

learnateverygame

well, you win material lol, dont be afraid to lose ur queen if you can get some material in the process.

if 21. fxe3 thats downright blunder, its a grand fork (forking Q+R+K at once !) after Kf2, go ahead and play Nxc2, threat is if

-[Rh1, then Qxg3+ (forcing him to take, then Nxa1 Rxa1)]

so best move is truly Nxc2, because if white takes knight, then after Qh4 (threat Qf4+) or Qh6, black is winning (by counting) 3 points up (maybe more because white's king is open, and he can lose much more material.

you're already good, you can see that the threat wins the queen back. But, if you can give up your queen and get extra material ? Go for it ! 

P.s : before I thought Bxc2 will be better than Rh1, but now I checked it w/ Rybka, and it says Bxc2 was even worse, because of Qh4 (w/ threat of Qf4+). Tongue out

sorry for my faulty analysis.

Pre_VizsIa

Here is the FEN of one of my games:

4R2Q/5p1k/p1pr2qp/1p1p4/5PP1/P1P5/1P6/2K5 b - - 5 33

How do I post a nice game with the board so the pieces move and stuff?

Gorpo
Timothy_P wrote:

Here is the FEN of one of my games:

4R2Q/5p1k/p1pr2qp/1p1p4/5PP1/P1P5/1P6/2K5 b - - 5 33

How do I post a nice game with the board so the pieces move and stuff?

Select the "diagram" button, the first icon with the board graph. You'll be given several options, namely post a position, a series of moves, an entire game and so forth. Just select the game option and insert (or copy/paste) the desired moves and variations afterwards.

Thomas_Vandeputte