Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
Thomas_Vandeputte
jetfighter13 wrote:

some one analyse this one, has a queen sac ( a horid one at that) and it features a histerical mate i won it of course, but should have lost. This Game is King Lenny Approved

2.Bc4: Prevents the powerfull Kf7??

I think Kf7 must be the worst move in the opening :p.

2.Bc4 was played to develop the bishop to a good square and targetting the weakened f7 square, maybe with the intention of preventing you to castle kingside for the short term.

9.Bxc3 Here your opponent is standing way better. He has almost finished development and has more center control. After 9 moves, you only have your knight developped, due to the many needless pawn moves. These pawn moves have also blocked in your light squared bishop and queenside knight.

12.gxf6 Your kingside is now very weak. The most of your army is on the queenside. You were lucky your opponent didn't find the best moves to exploit that.

13.Nf5 When you have no clear plan, it's better to get your other pieces out instead of moving a piece twice. Nd7 would have been better.

14. Qg8 There really is no quick kill because his king is to safe. You more blocked in your rook on the h-file.

15. g3 Needless move. Bb1 was way more active.

18. Rg1 followed by g4 would have won your knight.

19-22: Very inaccurate play. You lost a pawn and a queen for a bishop with no compensation at all. You even gave your opponent a strong pass pawn.

24. c6?? Bc7 was way better.

27. hxc3???? Waaw, what a blunder!! fxc3 was the obvious correct move.

Thomas

Thomas_Vandeputte
pauix wrote:

There is actually a mate in 3 at the end. After 14. Bxd6, which is his very best move, you have the very strong Qxf6!

If he plays Qxf6, he loses because of the nice mate Nxf6#.

If he plays Bf8 ( his only other defense to the mate tread on g7) , you can take his queen with Qxd8 and mate on f8 is unstoppable.

Thomas

Ben_Dubuque

well i did have some counter play on that last one, if i had taken his queen i would be in a winning endgame

Ben_Dubuque
[COMMENT DELETED]
stephnlawrnce

Panafricain,

After 23.....ke7  Re1 wins

steve

Thomas_Vandeputte
jetfighter13 wrote:

well i did have some counter play on that last one, if i had taken his queen i would be in a winning endgame

Was that a reaction on my comment? Because you never had an option of taking his queen.

Thomas

gabrielconroy

Here's an OTB game I posted with some annotations fairly recently. It's quite interesting in that neither player shyed away from sharp lines - I'm sure both sides' play could be improved but it was fun and should be quite entertaining to play through. I've included some commentary from the original thread in the annotations.

Ben_Dubuque
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

Was that a reaction on my comment? Because you never had an option of taking his queen.

Thomas

actualy instead of playing mate on move 28 i could have played Bxb7 entering a won endgame for me

Lucifer99

A game i played recently, could someone please anaylyze and annote it?
gabrielconroy

There you go Lucifer, just a few observations.
Lucifer99

Thanks gaberial! The only threat I saw with the queen and knight when I looked over this game again was losing a lot of material and a threat to my queen. Never saw the mate, glad he didnt either!

gabrielconroy
melvinbluestone wrote:

Nice game gabrielconroy in post #247. But 15.Nd1 does look horrible. Maybe white could have tried this:

! Didn't see that, good line.

Lucifer99

Not much I can offer, but very well played KageLord!

Thomas_Vandeputte
jetfighter13 wrote:
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

Thomas

actualy instead of playing mate on move 28 i could have played Bxb7 entering a won endgame for me

That's true, but that's not counterplay gain from the 'sacrifice'. Your opponent saw he couldn't stop the mate after his huge blunder, so he hoped to distract you.

pauix
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
pauix wrote:

There is actually a mate in 3 at the end. After 14. Bxd6, which is his very best move, you have the very strong Qxf6!

If he plays Bf8 ( his only other defense to the mate tread on g7) , you can take his queen with Qxd8 and mate on f8 is unstoppable.

Thomas

14...Ba5 pins my Queen to my king, so I can't checkmate. Anyways, I didn't see that til an after-game analysis.

GIex
KageLord wrote:
11. Rd3 runs into Nb4, forking the queen and rook and winning the exchange without much compensation at all.

Yes, I didn't see that. Having that Black's reply im mind, probably 11.Be2 was a good option. It weakens the d5 square, but Black shouldn't play 11...d5 because he doesn't have enough control of it. Then it will be possible to reposition the f3 knight to h4 (preparing for f4-f5) or g5 for example.

Thomas_Vandeputte
pauix wrote:
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
pauix wrote:

Thomas

14...Ba5 pins my Queen to my king, so I can't checkmate. Anyways, I didn't see that til an after-game analysis.

Ow indeed, I missed that option :p. I'd like to see the best continuation, helped by a chess engine. It really looks like a mate in .. problem!

Desiderata
As you may know my phone doesn't allow me to use the Chess.com toolbar so all I can do is post a link to game. I know this makes it tedious for someone to analyze. Therefore I don't expect results but if someone is will can you tell me if I missed mate before I was hammered? http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=47129650
pauix
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
pauix wrote:
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
pauix wrote:

Thomas

Ow indeed, I missed that option :p. I'd like to see the best continuation, helped by a chess engine. It really looks like a mate in .. problem!

Yep, I used Fritz to check if my analysis was correct. I completely missed 14...Ba5, but asides from that my analysis is quite correct.

gimce

http://blog.chess.com/gimce/first-game-analyzed

I did this for my own improvement, however, if anyone is interested, here you go.