Forums

Why'd My Opponent Resign?

Sort:
extremeblueness

Okay, so here's the game we played up until my opponent's resignation.

Please help me figure out the reason for my opponent's resignation.

Scottrf

I don't get why you moved your knight to g4 on 12 or thought you're knight couldn't avoid capture. It was safe on f6.

White must have had something else to do.

It definitely wasn't chess reasons, you threw away a piece for nothing and traded down to make his job easier.

As for your questioning near the start, it's a very common opening, the Scotch. Nobody is forced to play the Ruy Lopez.

As for the 'why my opponent did this, I'll never know'. He didn't want to leave his bishop hanging, and taking yours gave him a tempo to take the free pawn you gave him.

Argonaut13

He probably had to go.

FlowerFlowers

grace

boonanigans

cause my wife came home from the grocery store sooner then I thought she would..  Normally she's she spends more time and money there then she did today.  So I lost a chess game but saved money. 

Scottrf

Laughing Mystery solved.

FlowerFlowers

I know a few people would prefer to rename the thread "Why didn't I resign?"

Annabella1

When you have to go...well....you have to go!! lol

extremeblueness

I have a policy: Never resign if you have even a percent chance of winning.

(Of course, this policy is null and void if you have to do something in RL)

blowerd
extremeblueness wrote:

Okay, so here's the game we played up until my opponent's resignation.

Please help me figure out the reason for my opponent's resignation.

Your 17... Rxe1+ move aquires nothing other than a simple exchange of rooks, which is to his advantage as he is already winning.  Moving a piece to give check is a bad move unless you have something backed up after it.  A better attempt to get control of the open file may have been to douple up your rooks. 

einstein99

Ok I fess up.The lady's husband was coming in the front door as I was going out the back door!