Forums

A Perfect game

Sort:
pvmike

This the closest I've come to playing an absolutely perfect game, no mistakes at all

almost every move I play is the best move.

Mygame5377

Not every move 

pvmike

almost, which move are you reffering to.

vic369

first mistake was playing 1. e4

1. d4  is better

lol

pvmike

you may be right, but I think debate is in another forum

vic369

yeah i just think that by playing 1. e4 the game is much quicker and doesnt really go into what chess is really all about

queens pawn openings require more thinking sometimes and lead to longer games more of the time

thats just my opinion =D

pvmike

I agree some of that, but you still can't consider 1.e4 a mistake, it's debateable wheather or not it's best.

JG27Pyth

Well done, very accurate indeed (if Toga 2 is to be believed) -- Re1+ wasn't the best, but it can hardly be called a mistake. His reply, Kf7 instead of Be7, that was a mistake. 

deadpoetic

3.... e6 was a better move for ur opponent. He should have tried to castle and get his king out of the center of the board.

like JG27 said his Kf7 reply was a big mistake

the only reason you were able to get in such a quick attack is cuz like i said before ur opponent neglected to castle and get his king to safty

dmeng

deadpoetic wrote:

3.... e6 was a better move for ur opponent. He should have tried to castle and get his king out of the center of the board.

Actually, the most common move (and the main line) is 3. ...d6, so there's nothing wrong with that move.

The problem is that this opening, the Alekhine's Defense, is supposed to be a "closed" opening. If Black lets the game open up too early (like in this one), he's going to get pummeled.

pvmike

3...d6 is the book move I wouldn't say that was mistake, but my opponent should have made a better effort to castle.

deadpoetic

Well, book move or not... like i said  andpvmike said himself, his opponent should have tried to castle.

pvmike

Chessbee my opening was text how can say that was weak. Fritz considered all my moves to one of the stongest moves if not the strongest, but I'm sure you know more than fritz.

Olimar

wow that was a perfect game.  You totally demolished that opponent?  (BTW can i play people rated that high who are so bad :P)  If he was really 1874 then he must have cheated to get that far if he would move king instead of blocking.  Unless this was a quick game...  Well i would say you played just about prefectly lol GJ

dmeng

pvmike wrote:

3...d6 is the book move I wouldn't say that was mistake, but my opponent should have made a better effort to castle.

True, and my point was that Black should have kept the game closed. In this opening, Black will always take a while to castle, and it is best for him to make sure White doesn't have many moves to "open" the game up before he can castle.

Granted, Black had a chance, but messed it up. I personally don't know whether or not you played the perfect game, but your opponent was far from it. Nice job exploiting his weaknesses.

dc1985

move 11, you really should have taken with the bishop, to refrain from creating a gaping hole in your defence.

pvmike

The reason I took with pawn instead of the bishop, so I could play Bb5+ forcing his knight back to d7 and leaving his king exposed. I didn't see the hole on my king side becoming a problem. But my computer did slightly favor taking back with the bishop, but only slightly.

JG27Pyth

pvmike wrote:

The reason I took with pawn instead of the bishop, so I could play Bb5+ forcing his knight back to d7 and leaving his king exposed. I didn't see the hole on my king side becoming a problem. But my computer did slightly favor taking back with the bishop, but only slightly.

You chose the active attacking line, giving up pawn structure for a bit of  tempo/initiative -- cool -- Dynamic chess. I'm a believer.... I spent so much of my chess life playing as conservatively as possible... turns out a less stodgy style suits me a lot better... more fun, too.

xMenace

You did very well. Congrats. Fine job! Now play a 75 move masterpiece against a stronger opponent Undecided

alfir

Achei boa a sua atuação diante da posição criada,bem lógica sua continuação com um simples propósito criando dificuldades visiveis ao adversário,parabens.