Forums

Beautiful Piece Coordination Mating Net...

Sort:
learningthemoves

Howdy,

You're sure to enjoy watching this beautiful mating net as much as I enjoyed executing it.

There was a point where I could have checkmated even earlier, but decided with such beautiful piece coordination, for artistic purposes, this chemistry of pieces in attack should continue the mating net indefinitely.

Unfortunately my opponent resigned just before the forced checkmate, but you can still see the power unfold.

Oh yeah, the opponent was rated a few hundred points higher.

I've posted this in the Game Showcase for entertainment purposes and for any value you or other players may derive from it.

As noted earlier, I passed on the early checkmate on purpose and I'm not looking for analysis on this one so with that said...

Enjoy!

learningthemoves
Metaknight251 wrote:

why didn't black take on d4 when you played it?

I'm thinking black didn't take on d4 immediately because it would give me a chance for staking claim to the e file it would leave open.

But interestingly enough, once I brought my knight to e2, he took d4 allowing my knight to recapture for the pawn exchange.

I was glad he did too. And then after posting his bishop in front of the king to protect it due to the open file created after the center pawns were removed, he castled king side.

So that's another reason I believe he just didn't want to give up the e file with the immediate take on d4.

asvpcurtis

why not 6.Qb3 hitting on f7 and b7 and if nxe4 then bxf7+ kd7 Qe6+ and it is king hunt time.

learningthemoves
p-wnattack wrote:

why not 6.Qb3 hitting on f7 and b7 and if nxe4 then bxf7+ kd7 Qe6+ and it is king hunt time.

Yes, that's a solid approach for sure. I do like to play that one usually in the Evan's gambit variation, but having played it the match before, wanted to throw a little something different at him this time. Wink

asvpcurtis

or 20.Rxh7+ with mate to follow

learningthemoves
p-wnattack wrote:

or 20.Rxh7+ with mate to follow

Yep, that's a great idea. It'd be a pretty sac too. Thanks! May do it that way next time.

But again, the reason I passed up on the early mate was because I wanted to have a little fun with the mating net and take the black queen first.

Just for kicks man. You know, the art and fun part.

I definitely know who to send out a thread link to next time I post in the analysis section for sure though. Cool Thanks again! 

ChessforCharityonYouTube

Great job!! I like that game a lot. I love that ending! 

learningthemoves
bankoscarpa wrote:

Great job!! I like that game a lot. I love that ending! 

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement! The ending told me to tell you it loves you too. Laughing

@Martos  Yes!  Almost had trouble deciding which of the many ways to win lol. Just kidding. You're right! Thank you for the 25. Queen f7 check idea.   Let's throw it in the bag 'o tricks and see what the future holds from this position. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for saying so. It's my pleasure to share the pretty ones where I win in the Game Showcase.

Keeps it fun. Cool

(There are plenty of ugly losses to analyze!)

zborg

Your opponent played like a moron.

Consider playing Game in 10/5, and there's a fair chance your rating will rise by a couple hundred points.  Just do some endgame study, alongside your slower time controls.

You're wasting your time playing Game in 5/0.  Mostly cheap thrills.

atarw

If it is for cheap thrills, then I have wasted a year

zborg

You're young.  Assisted Living is a long way off.

learningthemoves
zborg wrote:

Your opponent played like a moron.

Consider playing Game in 10/5, and there's a fair chance your rating will rise by a couple hundred points.  Just do some endgame study, alongside your slower time controls.

You're wasting your time playing Game in 5/0.  Mostly cheap thrills.

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try. Cool

ashiqpk1

A O A   SAW YOUR FRINDS   NOTES   HSPPLY YOUR ORKING AMMMAZING  ASHIQ AGAIN  THANKS

ElKitch

:D cool combinations, did you see them all in advance? Or did it emerge while playing?

pinoyazkals

black's defensive play is weak

learningthemoves
ashiqpk1 wrote:

A O A   SAW YOUR FRINDS   NOTES   HSPPLY YOUR ORKING AMMMAZING  ASHIQ AGAIN  THANKS

Thank you Ashiqpk1 my friend.

learningthemoves
ElKitch wrote:

:D cool combinations, did you see them all in advance? Or did it emerge while playing?

thank you my friend! they emerged while playing. 

ashiqpk1

THANKS YOU REPLY SWEET WORDS    ASHIQ