Forums

Best save of my life

Sort:
Casual_Joe

Just finished this game.  A blunder by me allowed Black to go up an exchange plus two pawns.  I ended up saving the game with a desperate counterattack.  (I know the counterattack wouldn't have worked against best defense, but as we all know, it's not so easy to find the best defense at the board.)

Going4Draw

black should have tried to exchange pieces right away because she was already material ahead  basic strategy, instead she got greedy for a pawn.   27...bd7 would have been a way to acomplish it!

On move 30 black could still manage a counter play by 30...rxd3 followed by Bc4 or depends on the queens response attack whites king instead by rook checks and gwt blacks queen into the action.  But, you got a break this time.

And nice mating idea Laughing

kasparov173

Awsome saving 

jerry2468

Why did black play 31... h6?  Black should be fine after simply 31...Rxd3. White has no real way to mate.

Casual_Joe
jerry2468 wrote:

Why did black play 31... h6?  Black should be fine after simply 31...Rxd3. White has no real way to mate.

I was threatening 32 Qxg7+ Rxg7 33 Rf8+ Rg8 34 Rxg8#.  She played h6 to give her King a bit of space so that the Queen sac on g7 wouldn't work.

Casual_Joe
phoenixFire2001 wrote:

1: Nh5 instead of Ne6  would have drawn. 

2:Qa8 after h6 qg6 is absolutely crushing

3:Rxd3 after Rf7 is pretty good. 

4: Rxd3 savs the game after Qg6

I'm not trying to be harsh, just pointing out the facts. Great game, too. You should also see this:

(I was white)

Take another look at your #2.  After 31 ... h6 32 Qg6 Qa8 33 Bf5 I don't see a way for Black to stop the mate on h7.  But overall I agree -- Black had many ways to win.

AndyClifton

Nice one!  I suppose Black deserved to have that happen for shutting all her pieces off over on the side like that. Smile

It does look to me like Black would escape--barely--with 32... Rxd3, since if 33 Rxg7 there's 33... Rxg3+.  And on 33 Bf5 Rd1+ seems to salvage a draw.

Pre_VizsIa
phoenixFire2001 wrote:

1: Nh5 instead of Ne6  would have drawn. 

2:Qa8 after h6 qg6 is absolutely crushing

3:Rxd3 after Rf7 is pretty good. 

4: Rxd3 savs the game after Qg6

I'm not trying to be harsh, just pointing out the facts. Great game, too. You should also see this:

(I was white)

You are Awonder Liang? I don't believe it, since 1500 players here beat you.