Blowout!

  • #1

    This game ended quite faster than I expected. After 5. f3, my game explorer had no available opening moves. I knew there was a reason, due to it being so early in the game and it looked fairly safe. By testing out a sacrafice, I think I found out why the masters don't use this.

    Was this his careless mistake, or me exploiting him? If anyone has any experience with this opening, feel free to comment what either of us did wrong, or could have done better. 

  • #2

    How would you have replied to 6. Qe2?

  • #3

    Uh... I'm playing black. I don't know how he would have replied to Qe7.

    Can you explain what that might accomplish over the long run?

  • #4
    chessgeek100 wrote:

    Uh... I'm playing black. I don't know how he would have replied to Qe7.

    Can you explain what that might accomplish over the long run?

    I meant, after you played 5. ... Nxe4, suppose he replied 6. Qe2 instead of taking it immediately? Then your Knight is pinned against your King, twice attacked (by Pawn and Queen), and White's Queen can aid in the defense of his King.

  • #5

    White was fine until he played 10. Kb3??

    10.Qd3 was the way forward.

  • #6
    blueemu wrote:
    chessgeek100 wrote:

    Uh... I'm playing black. I don't know how he would have replied to Qe7.

    Can you explain what that might accomplish over the long run?

    I meant, after you played 5. ... Nxe4, suppose he replied 6. Qe2 instead of taking it immediately? Then your Knight is pinned against your King, twice attacked (by Pawn and Queen), and White's Queen can aid in the defense of his King.

    I could probably still use Qh4+, and his king would still have to move. It's almost the same thing, without the sac right away.

  • #7

    Black could have defended better if you ask me. The simple refutation seems to be 7. g3 I believe.


     

  • #8

    7. Kd2 was a blunder, as far as I can tell.

  • #9
    macer75 wrote:

    7. Kd2 was a blunder, as far as I can tell.

    No it isn't; it may not be the optimum move, but it is not a blunder.

  • #10
    chessgeek100 wrote:
    blueemu wrote:
    chessgeek100 wrote:

    Uh... I'm playing black. I don't know how he would have replied to Qe7.

    Can you explain what that might accomplish over the long run?

    I meant, after you played 5. ... Nxe4, suppose he replied 6. Qe2 instead of taking it immediately? Then your Knight is pinned against your King, twice attacked (by Pawn and Queen), and White's Queen can aid in the defense of his King.

    I could probably still use Qh4+, and his king would still have to move. It's almost the same thing, without the sac right away.

    5. ... Nxe4 6. Qe2 Qh4+ 7. g3 and you cannot play 7. ... Nxg3 because your Knight is pinned against your King.



Top
or Join

Online Now