Forums

Castle into mate in 2!

Sort:
MethEmatics

i played a bullet game today and castled into a forced mate.  This is the first time this has happened for me and i thought it was so cool i would post it.

I entered the moves by hand, and messed up on some of the comments.  I think there 1 move behind but you can figure it out.

This is the delayed version of the mate in 2.

MethEmatics

67 views and not one comment!!!!

Just_testing

Hmm, You broke a few opening rules here, moving pieces twice rather than developing (getting each one off the back rank to release your Rooks) quickly. You also seem to have been over eager to swop bits off. Your opponent uses his Rook to good effect, but the game was really over then, Rd1 has the same effect as castling. From your heading, I had expected you to have castled into mate in two, which would have been somewhat unusual, not your opponent castling to develop a Rook leading to mate. Still your skill in presenting this "thread" leaves me somewhat impressed. Better luck next time you deserve it!

I hope you first comment was worth waiting for, you have a fan!

MethEmatics

I was white in this game, i took the free pawn since ive seen people push it just to buck my knight off of f3.  I traded bishops because i didnt wanna tie my queen down to protecing it, or have stacked pawns.  Im still learing though :).  Rd1 would have had the same effect as castling, i saw the castle though and ran with it since it was a 1 min game.  

This is my second thread and im glad you liked it and posted, i appreciate your response since your the only one to comment on it :)  (after over 100 a views!).

mosescone
MethEmatics wrote:

i played a bullet game today and castled into a forced mate.  This is the first time this has happened for me and i thought it was so cool i would post it.

I entered the moves by hand, and messed up on some of the comments.  I think there 1 move behind but you can figure it out.

This is the delayed version of the mate in 2.

I liked the game. Happy belated birthday

zschess

Although the opening looks silly,but nice ending.

mauriciolopezsr

I believe the opening is the Reti Opening; I have never seen the e5 response in serious play as it is a center pawn for virtually nothing in return. I guess lots can happen in a one minute game!

You shuld try to play at least 15 minutes games to improve yous chess strength; blitz are fun but you don't learn much as you basically move by instinct.

WindowsEnthusiast

Doesn't beat castling with MATE!

poestreetspud2011

that was good but to easy

kingsacftw

Why not 12. QxA8?