Forums

Early attack and mate!

Sort:
Daniel3

This game was quite recently played OTB. I'm Black, and I won in 22 moves. Enjoy! (Analysis, please.)

Grakovsky

After 5... Nxe4 your opponent should of played 6. Qe2 for a stronger position.

After 6. Bxc6, recapturing was not necessary since you could of simply played ...Bxf2+ gaining a tempo and only then recapturing his bishop with dxc6.

Also, to defend his weak f2 square your opponent should of played 7. Ne3 cutting off the line for your bishop.

B322A

Nice Win

Daniel3
Grakovsky wrote:

After 5... Nxe4 your opponent should of played 6. Qe2 for a stronger position.

After 6. Bxc6, recapturing was not necessary since you could of simply played ...Bxf2+ gaining a tempo and only then recapturing his bishop with dxc6.

Also, to defend his weak f2 square your opponent should of played 7. Ne3 cutting off the line for your bishop.

The reason i played 6...dxc6 was because I wanted to fork on f2, not attack the King with my Bishop. It was only after recapturing that I saw 7.Ne3 to defend f2, but luckily my opponent did not play this.

After 6.Qe2, White would have had a stronger position, but his attack would be too early, and I would be able to gain tempo attacking his pieces.

Since this game was played OTB, I guess it's harder to find the right moves with more time controls. This was actually my first game where I checkmated early. I usually like to take my time when I play.

GCeezy

I'm just wondering why your opponent gave up their queen over the rook

dandaman1982

Were you playing a begginer.Your opponents performance was sad.A victory like this isn't worth showing off ,if your opponent was a much stronger than you.Then yeah show off.But other than that I wouldn't show off victories against weaker opponents.Unless theres some point to it,like line variation that your unfamilar with etc.I showed off two victories against two weaker opponents but theres was a point behind showing it off.You should check it out,The subject at hand was the defense that was employed and if there was any refutation for it and general opinions and comments were welcomed.And any analytical advice was most helpful.

Tamer_ChessMaster
GCeezy wrote:

I'm just wondering why your opponent gave up their queen over the rook

Yah, this was really wiered, it looked like he was doing something else beside playing chess Surprised

Daniel3

Just blundered, I guess. I wasn't playing a Grandmaster or anything.

ToasTeR1094

Good win

supergamer

wow. your opponent was not to smart...

xandy71

your opponent did make a couple of blunders but under the pressure you played its not surprising.

xandy71

anyone put under early pressure is capable of blundering.Not letting your opponent settle into a game is as much a strategy or tactic as a kings gambit or any other opening you care to mention.Well done.

crisy

I agree with xandy71 - well done, it's a nice victory.

kamikazepig

Not that it matters since you obviously were going to win, but why did you give yourself an exclamation point for 14...Rxe4+? It's just a totally unnecessary exchange sacrifice when you could play f5 instead.

Daniel3

I believed that 14...Rxe4+ was an important move because it allows me to force mate; not only give it. 14...f5 is also a good move, but I wasn't concerned about material because I knew that if i could keep up the pressure, I would win. 14...Rxe4+ eliminates a defender from the White King and comes with check; meaning that my opponent couldn't react with anything but a King move.