Houdini playing the King's Gambit

Out of curiosity, I decided to watch my favorite chess program play a highly aggressive opening. The result is below:

20. Bxf5

20. Bxf5 loses to Qh2# :)

Didn't see the bishop, sorry

And another game, proving that not all endgames in the King's Gambit favor Black:

Timothy_P wrote:

Didn't see the bishop, sorry

Not even a GM can spot a tactic Houdini misses.

That's why I study with it a lot, haha

Wow. Great games!

Are you interested in seeing more, from different opening positions? If anyone wants some more, I'd be happy to spend the time finding some good ones!

I'll do any opening position on request, and I also have most* of the 15th edition of Modern Chess Openings.

*The about 400 of the 800 pages are left. It's been through a lot.

If you could do Queen's Gambit and Evan's Gambit whenever you get a chance (Houdini as white both times) that would be awesome. Thanks!

I just did the Evan's Gambit -- I'll work on the Queen's Gambit soon. This game is absolutely beautiful.

Houdini plays the Evan's Gambit

This game convinced me that Houdini can create an attack out of literally anything. I couldn't believe my eyes when it pulled off this checkmate. Enjoy!

Houdini plays the Queen's Gambit

If 24 ... Bxg7, then 25. gxh7+ Kg8 26. Nf6+, right? I'm using my own guesswork here.

What country is this Houdini guy from ?  I think I can take him.

Houdini's the world's best chess program. If you want to set up a correspondence game, I can private message you my email address. Just note that if it's interesting enough, I'll post it on here... :)

You know that Houdini is a computer program, right? And you can't beat it.

In correspondence chess, he actually might be able to. It all depends on how far and accurately he analyzes. He could theoretically draw or even win, but it would take a LOT of work. To even the playing field, I could agree to limit Houdini's playing strength, which I can do so by either limiting the search depth (how far it looks ahead) or the time it takes to consider each position (self-explanatory). For example, each game I posted above had both players thinking for six seconds each move. I chose this limit to save time. If you want to play against Houdini with it slightly limited in its abilities, I'll be happy to do so. However, since I do want to keep things interesting, I won't set limits that will make it play like a fool.

asum game!!!!!

How long before one could buy Houdini on an open market? 

Is it possible someday you think, that Houdini II or III could play at a 3500 level?

or Join

Online Now