Forums

Mental combat VS. the chessmaster 10th

Sort:
Al-Khalifa93

am preparing for a chess tournament after few days so I started learning chess more and more spending 13 hours per day on learning the openings middle game, endgame, tactics strategies etc. I really become a chess addict Smile

and today in 5/4 in order to know if my chess experience is increased or not I had a very tough exam against the chessmaster 10th with a time control 30 minute..

in the following game I missed 2 checkmates opportunities but anyway the game ended up with a win for me..Wink

destroyer_96

Nice game!

Al-Khalifa93

thanks my friend..

mishrashubham

Well nice game! However it was shocking to me that Chessmaster missed a simple tactic of Qg2 followed by Bb2.

However an awesome game!!

Chregg

absolute nonsense, no engine at that strength would give away a queen like chessmaster at move 36

Aetheldred
Chregg wrote:

absolute nonsense, no engine at that strength would give away a queen like chessmaster at move 36

I'm curious about it too. could someone who uses Chessmaster have it double-checked for us, please?

destroyer_96
Aetheldred wrote:
Chregg wrote:

I'm curious about it too. could someone who uses Chessmaster have it double-checked it for us, please?

The only way they stop Bb2 is to play 34...c4, but after 35.Bb2 c3 36.Bxc3! Rxc3 white can play 37.Rg8+ followed by checkmate, so black's queen was forced to be trade off.

Aetheldred
destroyer_96 wrote:
Aetheldred wrote:
Chregg wrote:

I'm curious about it too. could someone who uses Chessmaster have it double-checked it for us, please?

The only way they stop Bb2 is to play 34...c4, but after 35.Bb2 c3 36.Bxc3! Rxc3 whaite can play 37.Rg8+ followed by checkmate, so black's queen was forced to be trade off.

Excellent, thanks.

The King is a powerful engine for us humans. One of my teachers told me he beat this engine twice every 10 games. He was rated 2230 FIDE at the time.

Al-Khalifa93
destroyer_96 wrote:
Aetheldred wrote:
Chregg wrote:

The only way they stop Bb2 is to play 34...c4, but after 35.Bb2 c3 36.Bxc3! Rxc3 whaite can play 37.Rg8+ followed by checkmate, so black's queen was forced to be trade off.

beautiful analysis =))

Chregg

"I'm curious about it too. could someone who uses Chessmaster have it double-checked it for us, please?" Ive got chessmaster 11, I'll set up the position and see wat it sais, ill do the same with other engines

Chregg

sorry never looked at destroyer's post !!

Chregg

been drinking wine last couple of dayz ;p

Al-Khalifa93
Chregg wrote:

"I'm curious about it too. could someone who uses Chessmaster have it double-checked it for us, please?" Ive got chessmaster 11, I'll set up the position and see wat it sais, ill do the same with other engines

chessmaster 11 ? Wow that's cool I thought 10th edition is the last version