Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
cranb3rry

I think he already left this thread forever. lol

Now i'm going to continue it with some more trash grin.pnggrin.pnggrin.png

The only reason why anybody would call this a miniature is because it's short wink.png

FortunaMajor

If he's really gone, then I am going to post some trash too.

cranb3rry

Nice finish by these two top GMs grin.png I mean, they do have 3 zeros in their elo, soo this myst be quite a strong tournament xD

FortunaMajor
lukascohen wrote:

Nice finish by these two top GMs I mean, they do have 3 zeros in their elo, soo this myst be quite a strong tournament xD

Thank you, @lukascohen. Although my play may look grandmaster-ish, I am not a GM. at least not yet. And yes, the tournament was strong indeed. Despite my strength, I lost 2 games out of 8 and came at 6th. The winner was Hades.

BISP247

Mine is so small, you may need to zoom in...

Barefoot_Player

macer75,

Back in the 1980’s I worked out all the moves to your game while I was studying (just for fun!) the Damiano Defence. And I know some people who actually beat me in figuring out those moves.

What I don’t understand is; Why are you playing the computer on its lowest level?

And I’ve got to ask you (and I know you are going to deny this) but; can you preset the computer to play opening lines? Can you take back the moves when you play the computer at its lowest level?

Just like the 1980’s.

FortunaMajor
Barefoot_Player wrote:

macer75,

Back in the 1980’s I worked out all the moves to your game while I was studying (just for fun!) the Damiano Defence. And I know some people who actually beat me in figuring out those moves.

What I don’t understand is; Why are you playing the computer on its lowest level?

And I’ve got to ask you (and I know you are going to deny this) but; can you preset the computer to play opening lines? Can you take back the moves when you play the computer at its lowest level?

Just like the 1980’s.

Welcome back! I guess you were never gone.

Barefoot_Player

LOL  - Back at home nowwink.png

Ziryab
Barefoot_Player wrote:

Just like the 1980’s.

By the 1980s, the illogical apostrophe to render a number plural had already been abandoned by most editors.

chuddog
aravinds_ll wrote:

If he's really gone, then I am going to post some trash too.

Why?

People are now INTENTIONALLY posting bad games. What's the point? Who wants to see that?

On an unrelated note, that 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f6 trash has a name??? Poor Damiano...

On a now semi-related note, I apparently have a variation of the Ruy Lopez named after me, at least according to Dana Mazkenzie. surprise.png

http://danamackenzie.com/about/chess/blog-archive/bird4/

OK, random musings over...

Barefoot_Player

chudd,

Damiano's Defence was named after the Italian player who showed how play AGAINST 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f6?

But your are right - Poor Damiano!

PS - Cool column on the Bird variation in the Ruy Lopez! Now you know why I like the Marshall. wink.png 

Barefoot_Player

Ziryab,

I've seen both versions as of two weeks ago. Where did you get this this information? Or are you just copying some website?

Besides, this is a chess forum - lol! And I have ignored, or at least not mentioned, some of the more egregious examples of terrible grammar here. But I noticed you have not mentioned them. Hmmm.

Do you just want to just go back to chess? - lol!

chuddog
Barefoot_Player wrote:

chudd,

Damiano's Defence was named after the Italian player who showed how play AGAINST 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f6?

But your are right - Poor Damiano!

PS - Cool column on the Bird variation in the Ruy Lopez! Now you know why I like the Marshall.  

I love the Marshall too. And anti-Marshalls are fun also - I play them with both colors.

https://www.365chess.com/view_game.php?g=623121

(not quite a miniature, sorry)

Ziryab
Barefoot_Player wrote:

Ziryab,

I've seen both versions as of two weeks ago. Where did you get this this information? Or are you just copying some website?

I did most of my undergraduate work, my MA, and the first half-year of my PhD in the 1980s. I wrote more than one hundred college papers and graded more than a thousand in that decade, and vastly more of both in the 1990s. My memory is not what it was even ten years ago, but it retains some things very well.

I see your error every day. It is still an error.

When I copy or quote websites, or books, or anything else, I cite them. Sourcing is central to my nature.

Of course, you should not accept a statement just because I said it. Read the Chicago Manual of Style. Find the newest edition that allows the apostrophe. Then, you will have a credible source.

This image is from the 14th ed of Chicago, published in 1993.

null

Ben_Dubuque

what is your area of expertise Ziryab

Ziryab
Ben_Dubuque wrote:

what is your area of expertise Ziryab

I am a universal genius. wink.png

My graduate degrees were in American Studies, which has been many things in different places at different times. My program demanded a reasonably comprehensive overview of both US history and American literature with emphasis on one of these, plus a minor in a third area--choices were Political Science, Communications, Anthropology, or Sociology. As my undergraduate work had been in history, I chose to emphasize American literature. I also chose Anthropology as my third area. My special area was defined as Culture Theory and American Indian studies.

In more than two decades of college teaching, I have taught courses as diverse as Introduction to Literature, Twentieth Century American history, Atlantic World (four continents from the voyages of Columbus to the end of slavery), Native American poetry, Pacific Northwest history, Civil Rights (from the Seneca Falls Declaration to gay and lesbian issues), ...

(Of course, none of this concerns chess)

BCFJellerino

How do I post a miniature with comments in here?

I have a game of mine which I played against my math teacher.

Ziryab

Use the PGN

FortunaMajor

I am not getting confused.

Barefoot_Player

Ziryab,

OK, now I see where you are coming from.

One of the first lessons I learned about writing and communicating is asking who my audience is.

You seem to want me to write for academia, not for an Internet chess forum. I accept the all the nuances in writing, as the greater majority of people who post here communicate in colloquial English. So I generally overlook the spelling mistakes and minor grammatical errors.

And most people just want to show off their brilliant(?) games. There are some real treasures here. =)

Here is one more, more of a gift than a treasure but Black had to work for it wink.png