Forums

Stranded White Knight!!!

Sort:
DJAbacus

Only just joined chess.com after years of playing  chess occasionally and fancy becoming a decent player. Fantastic site.

Anyway, alarms bell rang when white moved his knight twice during a standard few opening moves. Started studying the position (with use of game explorer) and found that this can play really easily into blacks hands and it did!!

JohnChernoff

Congrats, you just discovered the Traxler/Wilkes-Barre variation of the Two Knights defense. :)

OldHastonian

Interesting game!...it also motivated me to go into Game Explorer and I was surprised at the wide range of variations played in this opening.

DJAbacus

I was going to play a nice safe 4.....d5, then after a bit of investigating it appeared 4...Bc5 would be much more interesting and rewarding....the win for black for me highlights one of the basic rules of opening...'don't move a piece twice before move 10'..

Br0kedChess
DJAbacus wrote:

I was going to play a nice safe 4.....d5, then after a bit of investigating it appeared 4...Bc5 would be much more interesting and rewarding....the win for black for me highlights one of the basic rules of opening...'don't move a piece twice before move 10'..

"...with good reason"