Forums

The best game I ever played! (Against a player rated 600 points above)

Sort:
SelborChess

Enjoy!

shuttlechess92

9. h3?   Bc5+!

nice ending.

Nf3 threatened immediate mate on h2.

xie1995

well 9 h3 Bc5+ 10 d4 Bxd4+ 11 Nxd4 Nxd4 12 hxg4

xie1995
[COMMENT DELETED]
sstb

A pig?

xie1995

hog on the seventh

hog= pig...

Little-Ninja

Very nicely played for a 1200+ player! I can see your skill is better then the rating shows at the moment. Your opponent underestimated you to much and it cost him the game. That last brilliant move i bet he didn't even check for because of rating.

gorgihow

He played the king gambit not if that the correct opening . He is so far behind in development all  I see is total destruction . With open f file , I could be wrong

Little-Ninja

It is not the kings gambit. Kings gambit is -> 1.e4..e5 2.f4

Raider_Vanguard

Why did black resign (per annotation in game)? I assume error in annotation?

EnamouredKnight

nice finish...

SelborChess
[COMMENT DELETED]
gbidari

18. Nf3!!

xie1995
tonydal wrote:
xie1995 wrote:

well 9 h3 Bc5+ 10 d4 Bxd4+ 11 Nxd4 Nxd4 12 hxg4

10... Nxd4

avoids the loss of an exchange but instead an inactive pawn

SelborChess
padman wrote:
Dennis_Householder wrote:

Why did black resign (per annotation in game)? I assume error in annotation?

lol. well spotted. perhaps white sent black a couple of hundred dollars to resign?

Well, he said he was gonna give em to my Visa account...

thebird

The Bird!

I wholeheartedly approve of his choice of openings - and wonder how you knew about From's Gambit! That's just good daredevil chess.

I don't know if 5. d3 will catch on, but 5. d4 is normal.

SelborChess
thebird wrote:

The Bird!

I wholeheartedly approve of his choice of openings - and wonder how you knew about From's Gambit! That's just good daredevil chess.

I don't know if 5. d3 will catch on, but 5. d4 is normal.

Yup, the bird, i used it for a little while until I "discovered" 1...e5 and its traps...until i found out that someone else already knew the traps i used! I used to think "my" 1.f4 e5 was a novelty Frown

thebird

I go through phases, and right now I'm back in a king's pawn phase. It just stinks to have the computer analyze the games and find yourself (playing white) fighting for equality all the time.

But still, at our level, very very few people are prepared for it, and blunders abound. So it's lots of fun.

SelborChess

Me too! Although (not to be pretentious) I consider myself a 1500 player...

ilikeflags

after playing the From's gambit, he should have pushed your king out.  he became way too passive after opening the door to crush you.