Forums

The dangerous Alapin Sicilian!

Sort:
-waller-

For some cool Alapin Sicilian games, go to my blog:

http://blog.chess.com/-waller-/attacking-in-the-alapin-sicilian

Here's a really nice one I played just now, ending in a queen and rook sacrifice! Haven't analysed it at all, it was just a fun 10 minute game.

deepak64

What a game. Very nice.

blaow

Great game!

transpo
-waller- wrote:

For some cool Alapin Sicilian games, go to my blog:

http://blog.chess.com/-waller-/attacking-in-the-alapin-sicilian

Here's a really nice one I played just now, ending in a queen and rook sacrifice! Haven't analysed it at all, it was just a fun 10 minute game.

And for that very reason, a 10 min. game, it is not worth analyzing, except for time consumed by you in recalling your opening repertoire in the Alapin or whatever it transposed to because of your opponent's chosen defense.

With a rating of 1611, your opponent, is obviously not familiar with the best defenses to 2.c3 (Alapin).  The best defenses against the Alapin begin with 2...Nf6 or 2...d5.

If you will post the time controls in the Alapin games you posted in your blog, I will analyze the ones that were time controls of 1hr. or more, if you would like.

Ben_Dubuque

nice great game, and nice out attacking your opponent

-waller-

Cheers guys, glad you enjoyed the game.

Transpo, that's generous of you, unfortunately none of the games were of time control more than 15 minutes!  Rarely have time for the longer games (and you are of course correct that the best defences are my personal favourite 2...d5 and 2...Nf6 which is more popular currently so I believe).

solskytz

Loved this game! Great insight, attacking spirit and sacrifices. 

I also like the way you explain your plans and ideas. Quite illuminating on conducting an attack. Way to go!

bronsteinitz

Good stuff ! I like Alapin, but this one is great.

basilicone

Good to find another Alapin fan here, I play nothing alse against 1...c6! I know the feeling, running out of time on the Q side and throwing everything you´ve got against the king! Your opponent made it relatively easy for you though; the idea of black should be to bind white´s minor pieces in the defence of his d4 pawn and push his Q side pawns, which he never did ... nonetheless, a great attack and mate!