Forums

what is my playing style? Fritz

Sort:
knights_armor

This is my first post.I played the black pieces here.Can anyone tell me or guess my current rating now?Don't have any idea...What's my playing style.?Do you think im still at beginner level?need your comments guys..

Yereslov

Obviously you are a GM.

knights_armor

@Yereslov -you're kidding me right?

TheLastSupper
Live Chess - Standard: 1554
Live Chess - Blitz: 1468
Online Chess: 1384
Chess960: 1504
Tactics: 1761

Your odds of winning against someone with +800 is 0%. Fritz has, according to your info, +1000 rating compared to your ratings here.

Is it weird that I simply do not believe you beat a 2500 ELO computer in a legit way? As in, no taking back moves, manipulation of input engine, help from engine etc?
knights_armor

@SecretOfMana- believe it or not.I did not cheat.

My online ratings,specially the online chess rating went to 1384 from 1890 because I took vacation for 2 days and I was like playing correspondence chess against 150 tournament players simultaneously.lol.I would not do that again. I lost  because my time had ran out.

Just curious,How do you manipulate input engine?

knights_armor

What is the equivalent elo of Deep Fritz 13 (2501)elo in OTB play?

Sam97

A lot...

Yereslov
knights_armor wrote:

@Yereslov -you're kidding me right?

Yes, that was sarcasm. Either you are using a very weak computer, or you are a child prodigy.

TheLastSupper
knights_armor wrote:

Just curious,How do you manipulate input engine?

Just to name a few, no multi-threading, low-priority for CPU, low memory, no (or bad) opening book, no (or bad) end-game database.

As I said, I find it very hard to believe, and the odds are against you when using the ELO difference argument. But for your original question, I would not know what someone's OTB rating would be in that case.

CHCL

You played a very good game, but the computer did make a few ques(Bad)tionable moves...Still though, GG.

Yereslov
CHCL wrote:

You played a very good game, but the computer did make a few ques(Bad)tionable moves...Still though, GG.

The moves were a bit weak for a 2500 ELO rating.

jonnin

Your settings are not the ones that yield a 2500 (the advertised ratings are with a hot pc and long time per move, max depth, max book / database access, etc).  My antique setup with crafty and 10 seconds per move depth only 12ish is finding better moves for fritz's game after move 10.  Often.   The only way I know of to figure out its rating is to let one of the 2300ish players here play you in a friendly game knowingly against fritz and see.  If it beats them 2 of 3, it may be 2500.  If they beat it 3/3 it may not even be 2k rated.  Surely someone has done the work already online......   try a search to see what its rating is with what sort of computer power and time controls.

Some key moves from the quick 'analysis':

move 11) my sorry engine sez fritz should have castled.
move 12) again my engin suggests castling is superior
13) Nbd2 (same idea on the next move too, it wants that knight to come out and play).  And so on.   Its possible that fritz is all knowing and mine is making bad suggestions here, given the quick examine time, but I doubt it...

Likar
[COMMENT DELETED]
knights_armor

@Yereslov 

based on your observation,you're probably right. I was just surprised by the result of the game and was just excited to share it.

Likhit1

Did you adjust the Engine's strength to say 1800 or 2000?

knights_armor

@Likhit1

I did.I increased it to 2501.The maximum strength of the crafty engine i'm using is 2600+..Can you suggest good engine that plays like human?Cool

Likhit1
knights_armor wrote:

@Likhit1

I did.I increased it to 2501.The maximum strength of the crafty engine i'm using is 2600+..Can you suggest good engine that plays like human?

No Engine can play like a human but you can optimize it's strength to match yours,at least in Fritz 13 you can.That's the only engine i use.

jonnin

The only engines that play "like a human" are some (usually rather old???) ones that had a "handicap" setting to always pick randomly between moves that were "equal" within a threshold.  So say it computed the top 5 moves to  be +1, +.95, +.94, +.85, and 0, it would randomly pick between the top 4 if the threshold was set to +- 0.5 points.  I have not seen this feature in a while, though (????) --- like since the late 90s. 

The older chessmaster program would let you weight the piece value, so you could set rooks to be 10 and queens to be 5 to make it act stupid for fun.  With a great deal of work you could make it play a bit more humanish this way. 

Generally this really did not make them "human" so much as it made them play inferior moves (and randomized so you could not do the same combos on it repeatedly from game to game) which include minor mistakes (or drastic mistakes in the case of the badly weighted queen).