Forums

win against 2200 player

Sort:
erikido23

At first thought the attack was unsound after rxd4!? (initially after the game analysis) But, apparently I am still ahead after further analysis. 

chessmaster102

wow nice man analyzing others games really is helpful =)

erikido23
chessmaster102 wrote:

wow nice man analyzing others games really is helpful =)

glad I gave someone else the bug..I think one of the greatest thing about it is you get to see positions which you wouldn't normally put/get yourself in.  So forces you to think more concretely.  

erikido23

Wow, strange...14...d5 seems to be better for black.  Strange that I didn't even see that move

azziralc

Interesting game!

blueemu

In your alternate line (14. ... Rxd4), after 20. Rb8 Qxg5 isn't Black winning?

erikido23
Powerlevel_9001 wrote:

oh, i saw chesscube, and i left

apparently u didn't

Scottrf

22. Qf2 looks a bad choice in your for instance. Why not Nxe6+?

erikido23
blueemu wrote:

In your alternate line (14. ... Rxd4), after 20. Rb8 Qxg5 isn't Black winning?

Yes, yes it is.  

I did find a win for black much earlier in that line though lol

erikido23
FirebrandX wrote:

I wonder if chesscube ratings are still inflated. When I used to play there, the 2200s were about the same as 1900s here.

I am guessing you never played in the warzone final.  A lot of 1700's will play like masters...Wonder why that could be?

Scottrf

Well people start at 1500 there and 1200 here so it makes sense for the ratings to be 300 points higher.

erikido23

Not true scott...it is 1200 (at least when I started there).  Unfortunately I can't get to chesscube atm, for some reason, to confirm.  

Anyone else having that problem now?

Scottrf

Don't argue if you don't know. I started at 1500 like 2 weeks ago.

erikido23

I know I started at 1200...So don't argue if you don' t pay attention

Scottrf

You said not true, and it is true. People do start at 1500 there. So I'm free to argue. What you (think you) started at is irrelevant to say 'it is', maybe 'it was' would be relevant. I'm paying perfect attention thanks, don't try to be clever when you incorrectly argued against my fact.

-waller-

Yeah I think it's about 300 points, I'm 1800 here 2100 there in blitz.

erikido23
Scottrf wrote:

You said not true, and it is true. People do start at 1500 there. So I'm free to argue. What you (think you) started at is irrelevant to say 'it is', maybe 'it was' would be relevant. I'm paying perfect attention thanks, don't try to be clever when you incorrectly argued against my fact.

NOt true again..So quit trying to be patronizing]

erikido23
FirebrandX wrote:

It was a good year ago when I played there. I won quite a few blitz tournaments, but I hated the bullet ones because I'd never win fast enough to score the most points by the deadline.

But anyway, the ratings were terribly inflated. I found I could beat players rated as high as 2400 in blitz there, which is something I can't do here.

Okay, I wouldn't be able to say anything about the blitz.  I only play in the 2 min tournys

erikido23

I hate their terrible customer service and will NEVER pay a penny over there.  But, the 2 min tournaments are fun to try out new opening ideas.