Forums

1900s are really bad...

Sort:
iKeemstar

You'd think that you were somewhat decent after reaching 1900 on this site, right? It took me a bit of work...

Apparently not very good...

APG817

Nice game! how'd you decide on the moves 11. ..h6 and 12. ..g5 ? Im genuinely curious what your thought process was in weighing the pros/cons of pushing those pawns

the_johnjohn

iKeemstar wrote:

You'd think that you were somewhat decent after reaching 1900 on this site, right? It took me a bit of work...

Apparently not very good...

There is a section called Game Showcase. That's where you should post this.

iKeemstar
APG817 wrote:

Nice game! how'd you decide on the moves 11. ..h6 and 12. ..g5 ? Im genuinely curious what your thought process was in weighing the pros/cons of pushing those pawns

Bishop was pinning knight. Rook was attacking knight too so queen couldn't move off the knight. h6 into g5 makes the bishop get off my knight so I can move the queen and the knight.

Cherub_Enjel

Even when you reach 2100, you find out that a ton of players still just hang stuff there. It's actually really embarrassing, now that I think of it. 

I hung a few 2-move tactics to a 2200, and right afterwards a 2100 just hung a rook.

Cherub_Enjel

But yeah, even though black was winning, 30...Qxg3 lol... it's not just U1800s who hang stuff in one move.

solskytz

Yeah - people hang and get hung, then advance in the ratings and keep hanging stuff... go figure!

Here's a gem of a game - the 1900 hangs his QUEEN before the tenth move :-) (in blitz, it is true)

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/livechess/do-chesscom-blitz-1900s-drop-queens-in-the-opening

The_Ghostess_Lola

I was reborn on Halloween Nite 1975. I remember stuff from about 1983 and onward. So yes, the late 1900's were kinda suckyaki for me. But I'm here to tell u about it, so I'm not complaining too much so.

AIM-AceMove

There is nothing wrong with hanging stuff. GM's hang queens in blitz too. 1950 rated player might be actually on a bad streak - Is often common  to go all the way down to 1900 or so and play dozens of weak games. Because at that level the opposition is actually really strong by real OTB club players not just speed online patzers which is the case up to 1900 or so in 3 min pool.

Cherub_Enjel

Maybe when I'm 2300 I can finally feel a bit OK about my chess ability in blitz lol. 

solskytz

I feel wonderful about my chess ability - except when I lose of course.

AIM-AceMove
Cherub_Enjel wrote:

Maybe when I'm 2300 I can finally feel a bit OK about my chess ability in blitz lol. 

Well i am 2060 here with wins against 2100 rated so i might reach 2100 if i try. But i still feel i know soo little.. i mean up to ~1950 you just have not to hang stuff and see basic tactics. But when i see GM simon to smash those 2250-2300 i feel they are so bad too.. He even says oh the poor guy is only 2280 rated.. poor guy..

But when GM Simon played me in blitz he said my rating is decent and likes my style.

Cherub_Enjel

It's just very sad, when you think you played a good blitz game, and the engine later says you blundered this, then your opponent blundered, etc etc. 

Firethorn15

Having just read this forum, I go straight to Live Chess, and guess what happens...

iKeemstar

That Sicilian looks so disgusting LOL

The_Ghostess_Lola

My parents are baby boomers & they agree that that gen was all messed up. That why second-half 1900's western culture is so filled w/ problems right now. They say that there are 10,000 BB'ers reaching age 65 each & every day. 4,000 a them are hellabroke and half have either had a subsance abuse problem or have one right now !

So the OP's right.....the 1900's were really bad.

iKeemstar

LOL but the 2000s are worse! You got intolerant and incompetent libertards trying to ruin society all over the world.

The_Ghostess_Lola

I agree....but the gen that started it all was just after WWII. The BB'ers from 1945-1965. We GenX'ers are carryovers & seem to be doing a pretty good job of carrying it over to the Millenials.

People seemed to let nature take its course after WWII. Could they have stopped it 'cuza thee "of/for/by the people" movement back then ? Government laws (from city to county to state to federal) probably coulda....they say.

Maybe that's why stateside US has sanctuary cities & even states. Maybe that's when the rift between loosy-goosy & python thinking all started. And now the US has a big problem brewing between the conservatives & liberals.

Pleez know that St. Croix is very liberal (of course as most islands usually are) and that we're a territory....so there's some separation. And that I don't really know what I'm talking about 'cuz I don't live stateside....tho' I've spent quite a lotta time there & reading & talking to ppl & tourists & stuff like that.

yureesystem

12dola just played garbage opening, deserve to lose and he might be weak player otb wise ( you know quick with mouse and a low otb rating), not a true otb 1900. I know a player who is 1500 uscf but he brag he is 1800 uscf because of his blitz rating, we all laugh at him; otb rating count for more than any otb blitz rating.

yureesystem

iKeemster, he played very well to win his game.