Forums

2000+ blitz players : chess.com vs lichess !? Do you feel the difference !?

Sort:
CooloutAC
TacticalPrecision wrote:

I have a 1570 blitz rating on Lichess that's provisional with a ~116 RD. I'm exhausted and have been working on this for like ~17 hours straight. Let's see if I can pump that blitz playing 3+2. 

Do you understand why that players with higher rating numbers on chess.com,  will still be at a lower percentile on lichess?    Do you understand what a competitive match is?   Its when players are equally matched.   The fact chess.com is full of smurfs doesn't make it more competitive.  It makes it faker.

MyRatingIs1523IsBack

chess.com is ultra mega inflated, this site is a joke compared to lichess

Wuwei2022
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:

I can understand the sentiment. But it does beg the question: Then what are you doing here?

Kowarenai

i have no idea

PizzaMitKnoblauch

The ratings on the other website is inflated that's why. You need to substract about 300 or 400 points to get to a rating here. The rating of this website is much closer to the actual rating (still inflated by a lot).

MyRatingIs1523IsBack
TacticalPrecision wrote:
Wuwei2022 wrote:

I can understand the sentiment. But it does beg the question: Then what are you doing here?

Some of these accounts just repeat virtually, or verbatim, the same thing consistently. /shrug

play me 1 v 1 in blitz/bullet and we'll see which site is tougher

B1ZMARK
TacticalPrecision wrote:
Wuwei2022 wrote:

Some of these accounts just repeat virtually, or verbatim, the same thing consistently. /shrug

lol what

Kowarenai
B1ZMARK wrote:
TacticalPrecision wrote:
Wuwei2022 wrote:

lol what

i give up at this point tbh

pretzel2

the lag is awful here. lichess much better experience playing chess.

justbefair

Chess.com just announced they are going to start geo-distributing game play servers.

https://www.chess.com/article/view/chesscom-update-5-million-new-members