Forums

500 games won!

Sort:
BaronVonMolden

Just realised!  Unfortunately, 509 games lost... (and some draws too, but they are just a bit dull really).

Anyway, how many do you think I need to win before I can think about publishing "my best games...."? Wink

happyfanatic

That'd be like a 5 year old publishing their best drawrings.

zschess

A lot

BaronVonMolden

Well, I see that in his "My Best Games of Chess 1924-1937", Alekhine covers 120 games.  I already have nearly 10 times that amount.  The law of averages means that there must be some gems amongst them...

Edited to add (for happyfanatic):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Childrens-Drawing-Penguin-Psychology-M-V/dp/0140139109/ref=sr_1_16?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306315872&sr=1-16

TheOldReb

Go over your "best games" with a strong engine and after its finished trashing them you may have a change of heart ! Wink

BaronVonMolden

I don't think I need a strong engine to tell me exchanging my queen for a pawn is a bad idea.... !

Streptomicin

I have yet to get to my 500.

Won: 470 (64%)
Lost: 177 (24%)
Drawn:

85 (12%)

BaronVonMolden

Once you do, you can publish a book also.  Obviously, given your higher rating, our target audiences will be different.  We could launch an entire series...

zschess
happyfanatic wrote:

That'd be like a 5 year old publishing their best drawings.

Notice the error?

BaronVonMolden

Yeah, it should have been 3 year old....

zschess

Roma60

well done go and write the book dont forget to explain move by move. but also mix the book up with wins draws and losses. how about a calling the book The Joys and Pains of a Chessplayer. good luck

heinzie

Yeah baby! 500 moments of joy!

zschess

Ha Ha,it is impossible for someone to write a book about 500 or more games!(unless you're a SupermanTongue out)

BaronVonMolden

I would only write about my "best" games, zschess. 

erniepear
zschess wrote:

Ha Ha,it is impossible for someone to write a book about 500 or more games!(unless you're a Superman)

I am sure Tartakower wrote a book--500 Games Of Master Chess. I think I have got it somewhere.

zschess

Really?

erniepear

I have found the book referred to earlier--

"  500 Master Games Of Chess"  by Dr. S. Tartakower and J. Du Mont first published in paperback by Dover in 1952  (my copy 1975)--665 pages + index.

It is 3 volumes in one comprising:-

Book 1:Open Games

Book 2:Semi Open Games     .

Book 3: Closed Games.

Osiris27
happyfanatic wrote:

That'd be like a 5 year old publishing their best drawrings.

I think you just described my weekly chess blog.

Frankdawg

Games: 4,035 (2,414/1,406/215)

My blitz record, most of my losses are from careless mistakes on my part