Forums

A question for an adult 1800-2000 fide rated player

Sort:
Master_ScorpionC

Hello. This is a question for an adult 1800-2000 fide rated player: "Why do you keep on making the same mistakes in your chess games?"

Master_ScorpionC
uhohspaghettio wrote:

Everyone keeps on making the same mistakes in their games at some level.

Oh, you figured that out already, ha? Good! ............. but why!?

Master_ScorpionC

And you don`t care?

GhostNight

Thats what my dog said when he peed on the floor yesterday, I said why do you do those things??? lolo

Elubas

Simple answer: you need to work on your weaknesses; that's where one always loses their games, and it can punish moves of hard work.

Master_ScorpionC
Elubas wrote:

Simple answer: you need to work on your weaknesses; that's where one always loses their games, and it can punish moves of hard work.

And if the player who follows that advice continues on making the same mistakes?

Elubas
Master_ScorpionC wrote:
Elubas wrote:

And if the player who follows that advice continues on making the same mistakes?

Then I guess nothing will help you Tongue out

But I think anyone who diligently is figuring out what they're doing wrong and aims to eradicate their mistakes, can go a long way. A ton of what makes good chess is being able to avoid big mistakes; giving stuff away; although it can be nice to make brilliant moves, they won't be much good if you also make moves that allow the opponent to make a big gain with little effort, and that has to happen at only one point in the game for there to be problems.

Master_ScorpionC

Oh, you are so funny Elubas!! By the way at what age did you start playing tournaments?

Elubas

Hmm... must have been 13! Wow that seems so young now!