Forums

Anand loses last round

Sort:
MSC157
jesterville wrote:

Thanks rooperi, how are you dealing with the extreme heat in South Africa? Hope you are keeping cool man...lots of liquids.

Ouch, it's summer there, totally forgot... We have almost -10°C. Tongue Out

rooperi
Doggy_Style wrote:
rooperi wrote:

Geez, I'm battling to sleep, it's really hot. We had a little rain this morning, that helped for about 5 minutes.

Poor you. Is the punkawallah on strike?

wrong hemisphere, wrong continent.... geez.

InfiniteFlash

Magnus isnt human, i believe hes an alien that comes from a chess planet, possibly bet talent of all tim

Doggy_Style
rooperi wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:
rooperi wrote:

Geez, I'm battling to sleep, it's really hot. We had a little rain this morning, that helped for about 5 minutes.

Poor you. Is the punkawallah on strike?

wrong hemisphere, wrong continent.... geez.

Laughing

rnunesmagalhaes
Estragon wrote:

Caruana's performance has to be bitterly disappointing after his last two years of successes.  He started Tata as #5 in the world and ended as #13, down 24 points in one tournament! 

The commentary on that other site mentioned that Caruana has been busy with school (college?) stuff. I'm not sure if it makes sense.

APawnCanDream
Shadowknight911 wrote:

wow, Hou was ahead of Caruana and she's younger than all of them except for maybe Karjarkin.

I'm glad of it, hopefully she'll compete in more male dominated tournaments, specifically top GM tournaments like Tata, and become the next Judit. In such a strong field I thought she did excellent.

TheGreatOogieBoogie
Moses2792796 wrote:

Aronian won.  I find it interesting that everyone has been very excited about Magnus' brilliant tournament, meanwhile Aronian has quietly got to 9/13 only 1 point behind Magnus.  He is still the biggest threat to Carlsen in the candidates imo, although Kramnik is also dangerous.

The guy who beat Kasparov for the world championship dangerous?  You don't say! :D