Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
AndyClifton

Yeah I know (I was being whimsical).

DrSpudnik

how strange

AndyClifton

See, that's why you don't want to invite me anywhere.

DrSpudnik

your head doesn't fit in my car (Hyundai Accent)

AndyClifton

Yes.  Never trust anybody whose head is his widest part.

cabadenwurt

By the way AndyClifton someone posted some photos in a thread yesterday and claimed that they were pictures of you. There was a family resemblance to your avatar. Surprised

AndyClifton

I hope this isn't gonna be another paternity suit.

AlCzervik

Unfortunately, every family seems to have one.

AndyClifton

Life's tough enough having to wear this suit.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts.

I see that we now have a thread in the forums that considers Chess as therapy and also one that asks if Chess leads to insanity. It is interesting to speculate if Chess could be called therapy ( or perhaps Chess creates the need for therapy ? ). Several well known Chess players have been rather unstable and one could ask if they would also have been unstable without being involed in Chess ? Then again is it a coincidence that I have posted these questions in a thread that has the word " silly " in the title ? 

AndyClifton

Which was the one about the aliens (or was that another thread)?

ElKitch

Why is there anger in stranger?

AndyClifton

I suppose I understand why ranger would be there.

Zaxso
ElKitch wrote:

Why is there anger in stranger?

A better question:

there's anger in danger, 

But why no danger in strangers?

DrSpudnik

What's with the angler in strangler? How do you choke a fish?

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the new posts.

I see that nobody has taken an interest in my Chug-a-lug Chess Match idea ( back on page 6 ). Well we all know what Swingers Chess players are, I mean finish a Game and it's off to the nearest Pub to get plastered  lol. I do think that we need to be more creative tho to get more people interested in Chess. 

gkilmain

Pawns should be able to move horizontally 

CoyoteLoco

Someone has a thread on the go now because they want to be Congratulated after they win a Game. Well it is nice if your oponent says gg after a Game but a lot of people here just want to play without chatting at all. Mind you we could take a survey and if enough people need to be Congratulated then we could ask Chess.com to add a new feature. After a player wins a game his Computer could blare out a recording of The Double Eagle March and the Monitor could show a clip of Fireworks going off ( indicating that the person who won is truly a Wonderful Human Being ! ).   

Instead of congratualating the winner -- how about the first eight bars of the winner's national anthem?

batgirl

Are you Loco?

azziralc

En passant is part of a rule. It makes the pawn more special and have more power in capturing the pawns.