Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
batgirl

Didn't he also say "The door is a jar!"  ?

AndyClifton

And he said, "The woods are coming!  The woods are coming!"

Not to mention:  "Dang, this old guy's a real bleeder, huh?"

AlCzervik

I thought he mostly said, "Oh, nooooo!"

AndyClifton

No no, this is Bill the Bard.

Javan64
batgirl wrote:

I thought that that was the punch line to the old joke "When is a door not a door?"  "When it's ajar!"

batgirl
Javan64 wrote:
batgirl wrote:

I thought that that was the punch line to the old joke "When is a door not a door?"  "When it's ajar!"

so, I love to recycle.

DrSpudnik

...rectum? I almost killed 'im!

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. Mind you when I look back over the most recent posts I have no idea what just happened here, but then again it's the thought that counts. Smile

AndyClifton

It's also the thought that's admittedly kinda scary sometimes.

cabadenwurt

Well that might bring up the question about the glass ( half full or half empty, Hmmmm ). 

batgirl

A favorite line of mine comes from the Indigo Girls' song, "The Girl with the Weight of the World in Her Hands":

'"Is the glass half-full or empty?' I ask her as I fill it
She said it doesn't really matter, pretty soon you're bound to spill it."

...which they then refer to as 'half-logic language.'

I guess between the optimist and the pessimist lies the realist ... or the one with two beers inside.

blake78613

It was Pat Buttrum who said: "What is that up the road, a head?"

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the funny posts.

That reminds me that one of the characters that Johnny Carson used to do on his show would often say: " When you get to the fork in the road, TAKE IT ! " Laughing 

cabadenwurt

Well I see that there are now two threads on the go at the same time Re: Fischer vs Karpov. Somehow that news fits right into a thread that has the word " Silly " in the title. Hey, maybe I could start a new thread entitled: Karpov vs Fischer, that would confuse everybody. Laughing 

DrSpudnik

Don't be silly!

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post DrSudnik.

I see that we now have a Fischer vs Aronian thread on the go as well, perhaps the Fischer vs Carlsen thread is next ? Wink

cabadenwurt

And STILL they come ! Yes indeed I have mentioned that there are some silly threads on the go in these forums, perhaps they should even be given a rating as well: A) Silly;   B) Really Silly;   C) Really Really Silly, etc. An example of a " Really Really Silly " thread ? Well there is one on the go now asking if you could beat Gary Kasparov ( Hint: the answer is NO for 99.99% of the Chess Players on this planet ). Laughing    

cabadenwurt

Well there is a new thread on the go here about the Draw Rule based on repeating a position 3 times. My latest proposal on this question is that this rule should be abolished. Players will be FORCED to use the 50 move rule ( re captures ). There will be no more on these Goofy Rules that allow for easy Draws ( ie: which just invites cheating ). Also NO more Draws by agreement before 100 moves ( Chess is NOT a game for whimps ! ). Just wait until we get a Rules Convention set to start, heads will roll ! Frown   

AndyClifton

That "Can a 1300 beat a 2700?" has been the silliest thread for some time now, I think...

DrSpudnik

Who would win in a match between Magnus Carlsen and a honey badger?

vs.