x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Another new stupid rule in chess

  • #341
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    Their retarded logic is that if U check the king 10 times, the king is obviously never finding a safe square, while every move, the king is finding a safe square. They are basically saying that in a queen vs queen and pawn endgame, the lone queen can win by checking the king 10 times in a row.

    So some nutcases think perpetual check should be a win.  Since when is it newsworthy that nutcases have nutty opinions?

  • #342

    Well, this was pretty newsworthy, in spite of everything that happened with stalemate!

  • #343

    Relax, it is just a board game after all. No one should consider chess more than that. 

  • #344

    It's not the fact that it's a board game, it's the logic behind these claims that stuns me. The lack of common sense is what shocks me, not whether they agree with the rules or not.

  • #345
    Pashak1989 wrote:

    Relax, it is just a board game after all. No one should consider chess more than that. 

    Not if money is involved. 

  • #346

    Chess doesn't have alot of money in it.

  • #347
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    Chess doesn't have alot of money in it.

    Fellas Fellas....if you're in the area, lemme know!

    https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-tournament7

  • #348

    You live in wisconsin right?

  • #349

    Yuppers!

  • #350

    What's the speed limit? 

  • #351
    MEXIMARTINI escribió:
    Pashak1989 wrote:

    Relax, it is just a board game after all. No one should consider chess more than that. 

    Not if money is involved. 

     

    In chess you have to be a Top 5 world class player if you want to make good money. 

    If you are not one of the best players in the world you will have to survive by writing blogs and giving lessons to kids. 

     

    Choosing chess as a profession in the worst idea ever. Torture yourself for years and have nothing in return. 

  • #352

    bahahahaha!  interstate is 75mph. 

  • #353

    I'll bet the roads there can handle 200mph.

  • #354
    Pashak1989 wrote:
    MEXIMARTINI escribió:
    Pashak1989 wrote:

    Relax, it is just a board game after all. No one should consider chess more than that. 

    Not if money is involved. 

     

    In chess you have to be a Top 5 world class player if you want to make good money. 

    If you are not one of the best players in the world you will have to survive by writing blogs and giving lessons to kids. 

     

    Choosing chess as a profession in the worst idea ever. Torture yourself for years and have nothing in return. 

    I understand.  Maybe you were writing this when I posted my link.

    I was talking chess gambling via tourney style.

  • #355
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    I'll bet the roads there can handle 200mph.

    Easily

  • #356
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    It's not the fact that it's a board game, it's the logic behind these claims that stuns me. The lack of common sense is what shocks me, not whether they agree with the rules or not.

    A lot of people lack common sense and that has always been true.  That's shocking?  Let people think what they want.  Unless FIDE or USCF agrees with them and changes the rules, their opinions shouldn't bother you.

  • #357
    MEXIMARTINI wrote:
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    I'll bet the roads there can handle 200mph.

    Easily

    I'm gonna take a trip out west, like to nevada, rent a sports car, and just floor it at 250-300.

  • #358
    EndgameStudy wrote:

    Their retarded logic is that if U check the king 10 times, the king is obviously never finding a safe square, while every move, the king is finding a safe square. They are basically saying that in a queen vs queen and pawn endgame, the lone queen can win by checking the king 10 times in a row.

    okay...

  • #359
    It's a srupid rule. That's all we need to know.
Top

Online Now