Forums

Anyone watching today's Carlsen game?

Sort:
Quasimorphy

I think this one may get very interesting. How good of an endgame player is Wang Hao?

rooperi

He seems to have a knack to end up with opposite bishops, 3rd game in a row:)

This is the 1st time I've seen him behind on the clock, he's normally much faster than his opponents.

Scottrf

Position looked bad until it turned into a rook ending, I would guess a draw now.

sapientdust

All minors have been traded off, so today's endgame lesson looks like it will be rook endings. It looks drawish to me at the moment (after move 26), so it'll be interesting to see what Carlsen makes of this.

waffllemaster

Looked like Carlsen was in some trouble there, but looks like he's in the clear now.

Rnewms

Carlsen draws losses and wins draws. Wang did play very well though, so it will probably be drawn.

rooperi

Nakamura looks to be in a little trouble against Aronian

Rnewms

Wang-Carlsen 1/2-1/2.

Caruana threw his game away with 2 moves and resigned shortly after.

Quasimorphy

Drawn. They have to be asking themselves "How much of a middlegame edge do I have to have to beat this guy?"

Quasimorphy

Carlsen with White tomorrow against Nakamura. Kinda hoping Nakamura loses today, so maybe he'll be out for blood tomorrow.

InfiniteFlash
Quasimorphy wrote:

Drawn. They have to be asking themselves "How much of a middlegame edge do I have to have to beat this guy?"

Probably +2.0 advantagem computer wise, carlsen is ridiculous, and we could never dream to beat him.

waffllemaster
rooperi wrote:

Nakamura looks to be in a little trouble against Aronian

And now he's refusing to resign a hopless position... just sitting there...

fburton

Naka in terminal trouble. Looks like he's recalculating over and over and reaching the same conclusion.

Quasimorphy

He looks like he's about ready to call it a day.

rooperi

Anand seems to have let a decent advantage slip to almost nothing.

Scottrf

He must have calculated the pawn ending as winning, surely? Doesn't look it. Naka resigned.

waffllemaster

Naka sat there a rook down for at least 10 minutes before resigning...

fburton

Guess he needed to be sure there weren't any fortress-securing moves... (Were there any??)

fburton

Anand's soufflé completely deflated now. Hou Yifan is a smart cookie.

Quasimorphy

I didn't realize that older guy walking around was Jan Timman. I haven't followed GM chess for a loooong time and didn't recognize him without all that hair. LOL