Forums

Are you good for your age?

Sort:
daffodil1003
DaBigOne wrote:

I would like to be you!
Does USCF have a "top 100" list per age level? 

I don't understand question

shikamaru92

we play at evn odds and he has been getting really angry lately because he says he has to take me more seriously than he did at first

e4nf3

To shikamaru92:

His getting angry is a good sign that you are getting better.

However, he is supposed to be your coach...and that is a very bad sign that he is getting angry.

waffllemaster

If your rating is accurate, a 2000 rated USCF player would not have to take you seriously.  I don't mind not knowing the whole story though, you can play pretend all you want :p

lodvaluedfunction

I'm 13 and rated 1265

finalunpurez
VladBGhita wrote:

20 years old and rated 2138 USCF.

#83 in the great state of Texas, although a foreigner I am, indeed.

Other people of my age are much better, so I should be ashamed that I couldn't keep up with them...It is hard without a coach! 

I agree. Its really hard to improve without a coach!

cferrel
Yoshi_Chomps_Kiwi wrote:

i know a fifth grader at uscf 1980

So do I. In Austin Tx those kids are a dime a dozzen. The children can be quite scary in that area.

cferrel

I woud say 2000 USCF raiting would be considered as good since thats the top 1% of chess players and we are the 99% lol.

Conflagration_Planet

I might be considered good if I played in a tournament for one year olds, and under. Other than that, no.

RichColorado

I am 75 so what rating should I be against other old farts?

waffllemaster

Don't be silly, there are no 10 year old GMs.

The youngest GM was 12.

platolag

How do you determine the age of a  cyberborg?  Your answer will enable me reply to your post.

AnnaZC

no

popsie163

i play chess.. that's all.... if you want to know how good or bad i am at playing chess, challenge me... rate me and let them know...

madhacker

Hmm.. I read somewhere that you are supposed to reach your physical and mental peak at the age of 25. I am soon to turn 28 so I guess it's all downhill from here. And 5 of the top 10 players in the world are younger than me. So I'm not very good for my age then!

Jadeywadey789

Hi I am jade

ElKitch

Im 27 and worthless when it comes to Chess.

Joshua4chess

yo, why do you ask this?

atarw
Joshua4chess wrote:

yo, why do you ask this?

Curiosity. 

And thanks everyone for responding!

And for my second question...

What is the typical rating for your age?

stringtheoryfanatic

most my friends my age don't play chess avidly so i can beat them pretty easily however a lot of people on chess.com around my age could probably beat me. It's all relative