Forums

Borislav Ivanov strikes again!

Sort:
x-5058622868
BMeck wrote:

The evidence you presented was clearly wrong. Calling someone ignorant is  always a personal attack. My reason in doing so was to show him what he was saying was clearly inaccurate.

What? You asked for evidence that you started the personal attack. In that post, you called him ignorant. Here you say calling someone ignorant is always a personal attack, and you offer no other evidence that he started it before that post.

If what he was saying was inaccurate, then you point out it is inaccurate and prove it. Calling him ignorant doesn't offer proof; It does nothing for your argument; It is a personal attack.

BMeck

My apologies, I made a typo... it is supoosed to be is not always a personal attack. He starts the attacks directly after

x-5058622868

I have no idea what happened in other threads; I only looked for the starting point for the personal attacks in this thread.

Calling someone ignorant might not always be used as a personal attack, but it would have to be done in a manner that makes it obvious it isn't meant to offend. Clearly the person has taken offense. I don't even see it as being said in a well-meaning way.

Anyway, assuming he is a troll, this has only helped him bring this further off topic. I won't continue on this tangent either, since it also brings it off topic. 

(Edited.)

x-5058622868

Actually, i was considering mentioning that the topic had possibly ended for the time being since it had been taken off course for too long. 

That's interesting about the coconut oil though. Ooh, a shiny penny...

learningthemoves

If you give me your 1986 penny and I give you my 1978 penny, we each would still hold in our possession but a penny. However, if I share my idea with you and you share your own idea with me, we each now possess two ideas instead of only one. 

BMeck
Sunshiny wrote:

I have no idea what happened in other threads; I only looked for the starting point for the personal attacks in this thread.

Calling someone ignorant might not always be used as a personal attack, but it would have to be done in a manner that makes it obvious it isn't meant to offend. Clearly the person has taken offense. I don't even see it as being said in a well-meaning way.

Anyway, assuming he is a troll, this has only helped him bring this further off topic. I won't continue on this tangent either, since it also brings it off topic. 

(Edited.)

Well that is you. Not everyone is as sensitive as you seem to be. You are a nobody so saying you take it as offensive means nothing. I did not mean it in a attacking way... therefore I was not attacking him. This topic is stupid anyway considering our opinions mean nothing and I never said I was trying to stay on topic. Keep putting words in mouth, it shows your ignorance.

x-5058622868
BMeck wrote:

Well that is you. Not everyone is as sensitive as you seem to be. You are a nobody so saying you take it as offensive means nothing. I did not mean it in a attacking way... therefore I was not attacking him. This topic is stupid anyway considering our opinions mean nothing and I never said I was trying to stay on topic. Keep putting words in mouth, it shows your ignorance.

I suppose you're going to claim you're not making a personal attack here too? But even if you are, pfft. I don't care. All that tells me is that you feel like you're losing an argument. 

BMeck

It is the truth. We are all nobodies here. You could take it personal all you want if you are that sensitive, but I digress. You already "lost" by putting words in my mouth. Nice try though

x-5058622868

Right...

Also, I never said you were trying to stay on topic, so that would mean you're putting words in my mouth. What i did say was you're helping Savage take it off topic.

I'm not trying to "win" anything. You're the one seeing it as a win/lose argument.

I'm not going to continue with this either since it seems you want to continue off topic. Have fun!

TheGreatOogieBoogie
dear_old_chessticles wrote:

But the topic was boring anyway. Let's discuss coconuts. Did you know that coconut oil doesn't come from a coconut?

For over $15 a jar it better have at least some health benefits.  It's good to fry chicken though ^_^ Celery salt and other spices with panko, extra nummy yummy ^_^

BMeck
Sunshiny wrote:

(Edited.)

Bang. Goodbye now, we do not need contradicting people

x-5058622868

Bang? Okay, i'll stay just a little longer. Which part is the bang? Is it the "Anyway, assuming he is a troll, this has only helped him bring this further off topic."? Doesn't that clearly state what i had said? It doesn't say you were trying to stay on topic. It says what i just said "you're helping Savage take it off topic."

BMeck

Exactly... I am helping him meaning I want this off topic. You also do see this as win/lose since you brought it up first. Do you want to continue making yourself look like a moron? Please do, it makes me laugh.

x-5058622868

So you want it off topic. The point is, i only stated you were helping him bring it off topic. Therefore, i had not put words in your mouth. Therefore, you were putting words in mine.

No, what i said was "All that tells me is that you feel like you're losing an argument." Translation: It looks like you think this is a win/lose argument. It doesn't mean i feel the same way because i've noticed that you see the arguments differently.

Others can judge for themselves on which of us looks like a moron. If others think i look like a moron, oh well. Maybe they think both of us are? So what?

Okay, i think i'm done now. Smile See ya.

BMeck

C'mon stay. I do not run into your kind of stupid often.

chiaroscuro62

BMeck is all full of junior high school rhetoric and thinks he is clever.  Very pathetic.  "I do not run into your kind of stupid often" - say what?  The stupid person here is pretty clear...

BMeck
chiaroscuro62 wrote:

BMeck is all full of junior high school rhetoric and thinks he is clever.  Very pathetic.  "I do not run into your kind of stupid often" - say what?  The stupid person here is pretty clear...

Yes... you for bringing up something 3 days old. Get over it. I was joking

DanielCarrapa

He came back!!!!
https://chessbase.com/post/ivanov-restarts-his-chess-career

MrDamonSmith

Well that retirement didn't last very long. Welcome back Borislav. You da man, well, uh, sorta.