Forums

Breaking the 1600 Barrier

Sort:
Xieff

Today I just broke the 1500 barrier which means only one thing. I am officially no good still. Working my way up but I still have a lot to learn. :)

blitzjoker

Breaking 1500 is easy, I've done it loads of times Wink

Xieff

Ope just broke the 1600 barrier. 

Lagomorph
blitzjoker wrote:

Breaking 1500 is easy, I've done it loads of times

Me too....from above as well as below!

Xieff

Yeah I agree guys, 1500 and 1600 and even 1700 aren't that great of achievments for correspondance. But that is why I made this thread: To tell the world of my stepping stone achievement, and to announce that I am not proud of my chess yet. Huuuurah!

Ziryab

I broke the 1600 barrier with my third game on Chess.com:

Xieff

Yay, you beat a 1400! Challenge me because you aren't accepting challenges. I want to beat you so bad!

Ziryab
Xieff wrote:

Yay, you beat a 1400! Challenge me because you aren't accepting challenges. I want to beat you so bad!

I was in the 1500s when that game was played. That opponent is now in the 1800s.

Sorry, I'm full up. I normally play only team matches and tournaments, but I have an unrated thematic game against a formidable opponent. And I have a rated game against a grossly underrated player with an OTB rating above mine. Perhaps when these are finished, I can accommodate my favorite missionary.

I played a troll last week, but he resigned after throwing away some pieces in a fit of anger. You must understand that charity games are usually a waste of my time. OTOH, you do seem serious about chess. I respect that. When I have time, I'll keep your challenge in mind.

Shippen

If you win at least the first 10 or 15 games without losing even against lo-rated players your points increase dramatically - however lose one or two in the early stages and it takes a big effort to increase the rating back, as I did lol

Xieff

Exactly. Same here only the majority of my early losses were as a result of time loss. You can look it up if your premium membership allows it. I have been like right upon checkmate and then lost on time because I failed to get online often enough. I will keep that in mind Z.

Shippen
Xieff wrote:

Exactly. Same here only the majority of my early losses were as a result of time loss. You can look it up if your premium membership allows it. I have been like right upon checkmate and then lost on time because I failed to get online often enough. I will keep that in mind Z.

It's interesting I have only played 7 960 games against sub 1300 players and I have already broken the 1600 barrier, if I had known that when I first strated I would have done the same with my standard and live and saved myself the annoyance of clawing my way back slowly - it's like snakes and ladders.