Can Anyone Become Grandmaster?

  • #2301
    chess_gg wrote:
    Jimmykay wrote:

    yes, you are better at chess than me. Glad that makes you feel better.

    I get 0% satisfaction in being better at chess than anyone. Don't make me out to be a chess snob. The thing is, you had to get in that one last snotty comment in.

    No, clearly you did. You brought this all up again tonight, unprovoked. Please just stop. No one cares.

  • #2302

    It takes two to tango, but only one to stop. Doesn't matter which one, either.

  • #2303
    TheGrobe wrote:

    It takes two to tango, but only one to stop. Doesn't matter which one, either.

    you are right, sorry. I thought he was done and I reacted to him. Will try to ignore him next time.

  • #2304
    Xsync99 wrote:

    Truth is, many and anyone can become a GM, how? By practicing for 5decades, 4days a week, 3 hours a day and so.................

    Nice rating but I think you are wrong.

  • #2305
    chess_gg wrote:

       Mighty big of you, Bubba. Especially since I blocked you weeks ago. You started a thread WITHOUT EVER PROVIDING ANY PROOF that I am a racist, stalked me all over the forums, wrote lies that I sent you salacious emails, had your friends attack me, had one write a fake post putting in ethnic slurs and attributing them to me...

       And, when you started your new troll thread...you couldn't resist but to slam me once more.

        *In all this, the mods never once stepped in to stop you.

       You are just a scumbag, son. There, now I am finished with what YOU started. It has ended.

     

    *They did early on tell you this, but you ignored them and became a self-appointed vigilante:

     No naming and shaming. Please report abuse directly to mods using the Help & Support link @ the bottom of the page. Mod]

    Don`t feel too bad. I was called a racist because I thought that "Oriental" was more specific than "Aisian" . That term is too vague. By the way, the closest I got to dating an Oriental girl was a Filipina--close enough, I guess. That insult was levied at me on Chess.com. Even though I believe in free speech, you still cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater if there is none.

  • #2306
    tubebender wrote:
     Even though I believe in free speech, you still cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater if there is none.

    Everyone believes in freedom of speech until they hear something that offends them. And there's the rub.   >:[

  • #2307
    AlCzervik wrote:

    I've put in 9546 hours of study to become a Walmart greeter. Soon, I will be at the ready when you walk in.

    Cool! Which WalMart will you be at? And how much are their chess sets?

  • #2308

    Nobody can become a Walmart greeter anymore. They're doing away with em. :)

  • #2309

    i heard theyre being replaced w free soda machines

  • #2310

    Just like GM's are being replaced by computers

  • #2311

    Incidentally to further refine the broad definition that is "Asian", there is:

    Western Asia, which is the Arabian peninsula and Persia

    Central Asia, which are the "-stans" minus Afghanistan and Pakistan (basically the former soviet states)

    North Asia, which is basically the Russian portion

    South Asia, which is Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and a handful of others

    East Asia, which is China, Mongolia, Japan and the Koreas

    Southeast Asia, which is the Indochina peninsula, Indonesia and the Philippines

    So if Asian is not precise enough, but the country is too specific..., just don't say Oriental, it really is outdated and generally considered offensive.

  • #2312
    tubebender wrote:
    chess_gg wrote:

       Mighty big of you, Bubba. Especially since I blocked you weeks ago. You started a thread WITHOUT EVER PROVIDING ANY PROOF that I am a racist, stalked me all over the forums, wrote lies that I sent you salacious emails, had your friends attack me, had one write a fake post putting in ethnic slurs and attributing them to me...

       And, when you started your new troll thread...you couldn't resist but to slam me once more.

        *In all this, the mods never once stepped in to stop you.

       You are just a scumbag, son. There, now I am finished with what YOU started. It has ended.

     

    *They did early on tell you this, but you ignored them and became a self-appointed vigilante:

     No naming and shaming. Please report abuse directly to mods using the Help & Support link @ the bottom of the page. Mod]

    Don`t feel too bad. I was called a racist because I thought that "Oriental" was more specific than "Aisian" . That term is too vague. By the way, the closest I got to dating an Oriental girl was a Filipina--close enough, I guess. That insult was levied at me on Chess.com. Even though I believe in free speech, you still cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater if there is none.

    Tubebender, as I asked...it is inappropriate to refer to a human being as "oriental". It is offensive.

  • #2313

    It doesn't necessarily make one racist, though, perhaps just ignorant of that fact.

  • #2314
    TheGrobe wrote:

    It doesn't necessarily make one racist, though, perhaps just ignorant of that fact.

    True. That is why I have been patient and not called Tubebender a racist. He just seems poorly educated.

  • #2315

    great way to start a page...

    lol

  • #2316

    Oh my yes anyone can become a Grandmaster, as we all know, if you keep playing and studying you will continue to improve forever without ever hitting some sort of peak, you'll just keep improving to infinity until you are one of the best in the world. 

  • #2317
    Dodger111 wrote:

    Oh my yes anyone can become a Grandmaster, as we all know, if you keep playing and studying you will continue to improve forever without ever hitting some sort of peak, you'll just keep improving to infinity until you are one of the best in the world. 

    Dodger and I agree here. I am betting I become the world champion before dodger, though. He can have it after me.

  • #2318

    This thread has turned out absolutely ridiculous. 

Top
This forum topic has been locked
=

Online Now